Team Camaro Tech banner

454 bent pushrods

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Milan 
#1 ·
Is this a routine thing. I have checked for interferances When I assembled the engine. Its a 600 lift Hyd. crane can. I use 3/8 chro mo pushrods with guide plates and standard rockers.

------------------
67 prostreet BB Camaro
71 BB SS Chevelle (clone)
2002 35th anniv SS Z28 conv.

#3 ·
That was my gut feel. Do you think that would explain it not running over 4100 going down the track? The exhaust blowing back into the intake.

------------------
67 prostreet BB Camaro

#4 ·
looks like retainer to guide. That would also explain why it blew out several valve seals. I checked for coil stack up that wasnt it. What are the odds that my cam is wiped?

------------------
67 prostreet BB Camaro

#6 ·
Hopefully not, I would say the odds are in your favor the cam is okay. You're going to have to remove the heads anyway to machine the guides. Before you do anything I'd remove a spring or two and check to make sure the retainers are the problem before you tear into it (unless you can see that they are hitting with the springs on the heads).

Jody

[This message has been edited by Camcojb (edited 06-13-2002).]

#7 ·
That would be nice if this adressed my cranking and ignition/performange problem. It seems possible. I'll cross my fingers on hope!

------------------
67 prostreet BB Camaro

#8 ·
I suppose careful for what you wish is in order. No bent pushrods but At least 2 lobes gone 1 grenaded lifter and exploratory surgery is on deck. any probs out there with the XE294H cam kits.

------------------
67 prostreet BB Camaro

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.