Team Camaro Tech banner

1968 brake line install, factory power brakes

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  68ssmaro 
#1 ·
I am working on restoring my 68 convertible and I am trying to run my new brake line in the correct manner. I have the manuals but am having trouble with the line clips (purchased from classic industries). They do not have a guide to how they install and since the last guy literally rigged the lines to the floor pans I am trying to put them back correctly. I have the lines mounted to the back of the subframe center piece correctly.
Does anyone out there have photos of how the lines run down the side of the subframe to the back and the correct clip style and location. The ones in the kit have me scratching my head :clonk:. or banging it...
BTW I have a 2 piece front to rear setup with the presure reducing valve on the outer driver subframe rail.

Also looking for this same info on the fuel line.
Here is a link to the build on car domain...look at page 16 for the front suspension. You can see the brake line clip screw in the last picture in this section. I do not have a clip in the kit that will work with the screw behind the drivers side upper control arm. The kits clip screw holes are to big.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3879999/1968-chevrolet-camaro-ss-phoenix-az-us?p=16

Thanks a bunch for the help.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.