Team Camaro Tech banner

New Corvette Stingray looks like...

9K views 36 replies 28 participants last post by  camaroman7d 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Looks more like a new Ferrari...

I kinda like it. A lot.

In a twisted way I hope someone wrecks one so I can get the engine.

#3 ·
#4 ·
Looks like the front end on a 4th gen camaro.

#7 ·
Styling-wise i think it's a miss and has been a miss since 97.

But the average corvette buyer doesn't care about looks---the corvette has a devoted following. So, i guess from a marketing point of view styling doesn't matter.

i think gm needs a serious change in the styling department.

#12 ·
Oh maaaaan,, I had it cut and was ready to paste it here on Bench Racing but you guys beat me to it. Maybe I'm stuck in the sixties (or the 70's&80's) but that thing is a ringer for our Camaro's. It matches up from tail panel, to the 'coke bottle' doors to the hood. Stunning.

Attachments

#13 ·
Looks like a Ferrari to me....wish the rear part of the car was a little different.

#16 ·
Starting at $50,000 is what I saw/read. That's not all that terrible. People are driving around in trucks that cost a lot more then that. With that said, I won't be running down to the dealer to get one either, but I do like the looks of it.

#19 ·
Here's is what i would like to see in a fantasy situation where all the planets align.

1) Better styling---i would be happy with the C7 concept design.

2) All wheel drive; The rear wheels would still do most of the powering---say 85-90% and the front wheels are more supplemental when you need it, 15%. Like the Lamborghini Diablo system.

3) Carbon fiber body

4) Mid-engine.

#22 ·
I like the side view but not the tail lights. They should have kept the slight oval or classic round tail lights. Since they are re-using the Stingray name plate I think rectangular flip headlamps would have been better, I hate those headlamps. I do like the coupe rear glass and quarter panels. Something took a bite out of the front air dam...?

#23 ·
I like the side view but not the tail lights. They should have kept the slight oval or classic round tail lights. Since they are re-using the Stingray name plate I think rectangular flip headlamps would have been better, I hate those headlamps. I do like the coupe rear glass and quarter panels. Something took a bite out of the front air dam...?
The bite out of the air-dam is because of parking curbs. It helps avoid destruction. We have a 13 Camaro and 06 Solara, both with ground affects and both with the bite.

#24 ·
Wonder if it has leds like the Audi and Porshe? But still can't get past the idea that it is not mid engined with a really spirited Euro body design. That grill in the middle of the hood looks like something a 16 year old kid would buy at an autoparts store and put on cause he thought it looked cool.

alan

#28 ·
It looks like a mixed bag of Euro cars with a Corvette logo. Sort of an
" Everybody's " look. Reminds me of the retro-vette conversions where it's made to look like a 63 Vette.

Shows that the GM designers are all young with the current style looks and are not following the "Corvette" look. Oh yea..and those black wheels show what look they were after :(

Kev

#30 ·
I do like it better in these pics, incl the chrome rims.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.