Team Camaro Tech banner

Cocktail Shaker Confirmation

60K views 62 replies 32 participants last post by  DjD 
#1 ·
See less See more
#11 ·
Donald,
They don't look like the correct fronts for your car either. Remember all the hassle I went through, first with the wrong ones sent from a parts place who swore they were correct?
The "legs" on the front ones don't seem long enough.
I'm looking thru my stuff, and switching hosts for my website, but as soon as I can, I'll post the pics here. But my guess is, they wont work. I'd hate to see you go thru the same stuff I did.

#15 ·
Hey Steve!

Yeah I was thinking it was the angle of the pics as well that made them look short. I don't know why I didn't think about asking for more pics.

I guess I really expected these to go up to around $400 and no one has even bid on them yet. The deal I had for a complete set for $200 never materialized so I'm still looking.

Thanks for the info!

PS - Hows my 385 HOT cam motor running? :D

#16 ·
Hey Donald,
Well, there's still 5 hours left on ebay. My guess is that the "snipers" will show up in the last hour and a half and bid 'em up to about 500 or so...we'll see!
I know that some guys back east are thinking of getting ready to put their "babies" up for the winter, especially convertibles. Seems to me the best time to sell these things would be springtime, when the convertibles come out to play, so, just maybe, you can get these things for a reasonable price this time of year IF they're the right ones.
You should still try to get pics, maybe it is just the angle.
And the new motor is...awwww, I don't wanna tell ya, you'll just get drool all over your computer keys!

Cheers!

#17 ·
Aw come on Steve... I'm this close (fingers spread about 1 inch apart) from having the Mrs convinced that we should start the restoration in November. I'll need motivation to keep me going.

Ok... I got more pictures

These are looking pretty good if the snipers don't show up.

Do these look correct for a 68 Camaro? Anyone?

Thanks!!!

#18 ·
SCORE!!! On BOTH counts...the "shakers" and the Mrs! :D
Yep, they look just like my shakers, and seeing as we have pretty much the same car, you're good to go..IF you can scoop 'em up! And you WILL notice the difference in the drive! (This isn't just one of those things that you do to be "period correct" and not even notice the benefit.)

As far as the motor goes, I still love it. I haven't outgrown it at all. I feel really lucky that I found this site before I chose a motor. All the advise was spot-on! I'm glad I did the cam and roller rockers too. This thing just purrs like a kitten around town, and yet when I want to step on it, its right there! And thats just with my open 3.08 peg leg! I've been threatening to put in a new rear end, but, truth be told, I don't really need it.......yet. ;)

Now...go get them shakers!

#19 ·
We have a winner! I scored the shakers.

So Steve... When the wife asks me if the 70 horses between a zz4 350 (355 hp) and a fastburn 385 w/HOT cam (425 hp) is worth the $1000 dollars difference in price... I can SMILE and say HELL YES!?!?!?

FB 385 + HOT cam + TKO 500 + 3.07 12 bolt posi =

#20 ·
Ahem...<best announcer voice> HELL YES!!! Its more h.p and more tq, more kick at fewer rpm, meaning better gas economy and the resale will be better too. All this for ONLY one thousand dollars more! Thats an incredible value, but hurry to your local Chevrolet dealer before this offer ends! (Offernotvalidinsomestatesseeyourlocalretailerfordetails) :D

How's that for an endorsement? ;)

Great job on scoring the shakers, you'll be glad you did. If you need any help, look at my old, detailed posts for how I installed mine, or just ask, I'd be more than happy to help wherever I can.
Good luck, and stock up on band-aids and new swear words, you're gonna need and use both!
I guarantee it! :D

#24 ·
They are canisters holding weights and fluid attached to the body at each corner of the car to dampen vibrations on convertibles. You can see pictures of them installed and uninstalled in previous posts. Since the verts don't have the structural support of the coupes, they bodies will vibrate at speed without the shakers. "Cocktail shaker" is really a coined term for the units.

#26 ·
Can somebody please show pics of 69 front shakers ?With the REPO 69 body on the market what are they planning too use on them for shakers? Looks like a REPO bracket should be made to convert all shakers so they will fit 69s. Just a thought! I plan to make brackets to weld on the shakers I have so they will fit my 69 pace car thats why I need some pics to look at. RSR

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.