Team Camaro Tech banner

Auto Body Cart Plans / Design

16K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Arai 
#1 ·
Does anyone have plans for an Auto Cart that is simple to build?

I have a MIG welder, but I don't know if that's strong enough for angle iron?

Or is anyone selling one? I don't have a lot to spend. I know you can buy them for about 400-500 bucks, but laying out more cash is an argument that my wife and I are having about the continuous bottomless pit I call a car in the garage.

#2 ·
it cost me about 200 bucks for 100 Ft of 1.5 square tubing, and 100ft of 3/4 pipe for airline but I got it 10% over cost through a cousin.. I believe I saved 329 dollars? so your prolly gonna spend about 100 - 200 for metal and casters., but I made a jig to permently fix my car on for now, and have a rottiserrie.. I may put casters on the jig Check my Sig for Pix and

Body Jig
Rotisserie Albums

Also check out 68 Camaro rises from the ashes in body section Cheby2 cart looks pretty simple!
http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=121480

I built my jig under my car and to the car, I squared it the best I could but made the jig to fit the car..

#6 ·
I bought one from Acessible Systems and I like it. You can see it in my sig pics. One thing though,,I would recommend the 10" Rubber tires because it makes it alot easier to move it around then the 5" casters supplied.

P.S. I also have a welder and I felt that it was easier to buy this then make one. The cost of the welding consumables and steel added up was not a major savings for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.