Team Camaro Tech banner

How long did you wait to vote today?

Lines at the polls

2K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  67Rally 
#1 ·
Hopefully everyone votes today :thumbsup:

Early voting was heavy here, but this morning on line at 7 am and out by 7:30am - even with a 4 page ballot :p

What are the lines like where you voted?

#5 ·
Very long lines here despite record early voting numbers. I'll go back later today.

#6 ·
At about 8 a.m. we waited in line 20 minutes. For a small town we have many polling places. I'm not sure how many but the elementary schools and town hall for sure. We were indoors at the town hall. My wife checked out first and her paper ballot jammed in the machine(reader). An official lady had to ask the police officer on duty for the key to open it and poke the paper ballot in. I took the opportunity to ask if that happened often and she said no and that she really liked the machine because it was straightforward.

#7 ·
I haven,t gone yet but i usually go around 10 am and there is generally a short line at that time no more than 10 mins. in and out.The other thing that i have noticed through the years is that lines tend to thin out at 20 past and 20 before the hour. Alex

#10 · (Edited)
What's nice about living out in the country is you get to vote in an old school house or church...they give you coffee and cookies (no :beers:) and you see old friends for a chat, everyone is happy the event is almost over and my wife and I slipped in and out, all done, in less than 5 minutes. Life is good. :)

#12 ·
... been nice to be able to tell all the callers "already voted" for the last couple weeks!
X2 :thumbsup:

Haven't been to a polling place in 30 years or more :noway:

But I LOVE getting the political calls (usually) - specially right when we're having dinner or in the middle of the World Series (really!) :yes:
I 'yak' those folks up when they call me - ask about their candidate, ask how they differ from the opponent(s), ask what their platform is and how it was formed, ask how often they'll follow-up with constituents with updates and information, and on-and-on-and ...
I figure I'm keeping them from calling anyone else and bothering them during dinner :p
Oh, and when they seem to want to go or start asking how I'm going to vote - I tell them I already voted :waving:

And there's no 'Under 10 Sec.' selection in the pole - which is how long it took me to ask my wife to stack it with the out-going mail ...

#19 ·
... an interesting observation. ... lines based on last name: ... H-R line was out the door and into the parking lot. Probably over 60 people!
They probably though it meant the 'last name' of the person they were voting FOR - 'O' or 'R' l:)

Drove by two local schools while out today and noticed very short lines so far.
May get heavier later ... or not ... :confused:

#17 ·
Well Boy,s i just got back had to do some erands also. The voting was a very long line but it moved pretty good the whole thing took about 45 minutes including parking and a long walk to the poles.The voting part was 30 minutes ,I have to say they did thier homework in the place i voted it was well set up plenty of people and they kept it moving at a moderate pace,no body seemed to be upset at the small wait to vote. Alex

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.