Hello,
I have 69 Camaro with that I have done much work to:
CPP front control arms
CPP front lowering springs
Bilstien shocks
Bump steer tie rod ends
Hotchkis rear lowering leaf springs
Welded custom made subframe connectors
350 engine with thumper cam, edelbrock performer heads, roller rockers, intake, headers, holley. Sounds like Nascar.
New power steering to replace old manuel box
New True track diff with 4:10 gears
New Tremec 5 speed.
17" wheels from PS Engineering.

The issue with the car is that after multiple alignments it still darts on right sweeper turns. It always retirns to center but it darts and feels like the up and down motion of the road is transferred to a side to side motion in the seat of my pants and the passenger. Left turns are beautiful with no abnormal motion. It almost feels like it tracks every groove or undulation on the road only on right turns that are sweepers.

Any ideas for a cure would be appreciated.

Thanks, Eric

See less See more
#4 ·
hi eric it is called tramlining, i have the same issue only mine does it both ways.i assume you have wide front tires,they say n camber makes it worse,i am off to the alignment store but would like to know your specs. they some more toe-in helps,abd some say a different type of tire and lower air pressure helps. if you fix it please let me know ,

Attachments

#8 ·
robert they are right stuff control arms, nice piece fit very well had them painted, and yes the pictures were from a month ago all is together but i did find that the idler arm was new but so tight the it would not let the steering work so i replaced it works better but still strange feelin. any thoughts on specs would be great

#11 ·
Ern, it's probably just my eyeballs but from that angle your pitman arm looks like a truck model. Does it have a bend in it so the center link end drops about an inch or so lower than the steering box output end? Also with your tires straight forward is the center link perfectly level and parallel with the crossmember?

#12 ·
Ern,

The alignment specs are:
LEFT RIGHT
camber -1.2 - 1
caster 3.7 4.7
toe .18 .18
s.a.i. 10.2 9.8
incld angle 9.1 8.8

Any help regarding the tramlining would be appreciated.
problem is only on right turns. Crown in road moves and darts the car.
front wheels ar 8 x 17 with 245x45x17 rears are 9 x 17 with 275x 40x17.
Tires are Kuhmo Ectsa. Had same issue with the 15" Goodrich TA Radials.
Thank You

#13 ·
#15 ·
I like Stiener's spec alot better than Eric's. I'm really not a fan of a difference between the sides in the camber. Camber is a tire wear angle and shouldn't be used to compensate for road crown IMHO. I'm not a fan of large amounts of camber either negative or positive. That 1.5 negative might be the ticket for autocross when every last bit helps but unnecessary on the street IMHO.

Jeff

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.