Team Camaro Tech banner

AMD sheetmetal vs Goodmark results?

44K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  6781camaro 
#1 ·
I have been following a few posts I have seen about the AMD sheetmetal for the 1st gen camaros and I am really interested in finding out how they compared to the Goodmark sheetmetal. Does anyone know how the two brands compare in price? The main issue is how does the quality of the sheetmetal compare with each other? Any responses would be great. Thanks

#2 ·
I don't think it's been proven yet that this new AMD sheetmetal isn't the same stuff as anywhere else? Are they stamping their own or are they just reboxing like everyone else?

#6 ·
#5 ·
When I bought my sheet metal I had a choice between three different trunk lids prices for each and the the stamping of each appeared different. As you went up the price range each piece had a noticable weight change and the over all construction appeared to improve. Unfortunately once I picked out the one I wanted I paid no attention to the other two so I can not tell you the brands what I can tell you is the AMD one that I picked was at the top end of the three. It weighed more and cost more almost 200.00 over the bottom end piece. I'm not sure if Hot Rodz and Customs offer all three any more but I'll ask the next time I call and see if the can give me the names of the other two brands.

#8 · (Edited)
That sounds like a promising plan. There's always room for improvement over what we currently have as brands. I must say again though, I've been quite happy with the various Goodmark, Dynacorn, and Golden Legion panels I bought from Belairbob. Thanks again Bob!

#10 ·
Just curious how they fit around the outer rocker where the rear jamb wall meets it. Were they a little wide there or sit too high off the rocker?

Also, how was the seam where they curve around the tail panel on the outsides of each tail light opening?

#12 ·
AMD metal is superior to all others we have found. They have there own tooling as already mentioned. They are huge in Mopar metal, only started getting into GM last couple years. It is a tough sell since everyone is use to buying sheetmetal cheaper everywhere else. I prefer AMD when it is available for the car we are working on.

#13 ·
AMD metal is superior to all others we have found. They have there own tooling as already mentioned. They are huge in Mopar metal, only started getting into GM last couple years. It is a tough sell since everyone is use to buying sheetmetal cheaper everywhere else. I prefer AMD when it is available for the car we are working on.

Thanks for the post. Great to know for the next resto. :thumbsup::beers:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.