Team Camaro Tech banner

Window glass marking: FLO-LITE, PPG, and LOF

15K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  txrsss 
#1 ·
I saw that CRG is looking for window glass marking information so I thought I would post these in the hopes that someone can help me decode (I started with a decode in red). Everything doesn't seem to line up exactly with the CRG website but I have to take some more time and read it all over in more detail. I have pictures that I will upload to photobucket tomorrow.

CRG info: http://www.camaros.org/glass.shtml

My car has a NOR build date of 12D... and I have a few more of the details in my profile. If you are interested there is a link in my signature.

I am pretty sure I copied this all down correctly and feel free to verify everything when I get the pictures posted. So here it goes, walking around the car starting from the drivers side...

Drivers Vent Window
SAFETY PPG FLO-LITE
AS-2 26 – 66 (June 1966)
SOLID TEMPERED
M20 (untinted side/rear glass) Note: there is no decimal…

Drivers Door Window
SAFETY LOF FLO-LITE
AS-2 CA (November 1966)
SOLID TEMPERED
M72 (untinted 3/16 Tempered Float vent, quarter and backlight) Note: This is on the door

Drivers Rear Window
SAFETY LOF PLATE
AS2 YA (October 1966)
SOLID TEMPERED
M52 (untinted 3/16 Tempered Plate vent, quarter, backlight)

Rear Convertible Window
TLCM-1
REGALITE R
AS-6 8 - H6
DO NOT RUB DRY
WASH WITH
WATER SOAKED CLOTH

Pass Rear Window
SAFETY LOF PLATE
AS2 CA (November 1966)
SOLID TEMPERED
M52 (3/16 Tempered Plate vent, quarter, backlight)

Pass Door Window
SAFETY LOF FLO-LITE
AS2 CA (November 1966)
SOLID TEMPERED
M72 (3/16 Tempered Float vent, quarter and backlight) Note: This is on the door

Pass Vent Window
SAFETY PPG FLO-LITE
AS2 2C 106 (October 1966)
SOLID TEMPERED
M20 (untinted side/rear glass) Note: there is no decimal place…

Front Windshield
SAFETY LOF PLATE
AS1 LAMINATED YA (October 1966)
M3 (Windshield)

See less See more
#2 ·
Here are the pictures... they are all taken from the outside. Please excuse the dust as I should have cleaned the glass first! :thumbsup:
Can anyone confirm for me that my glass is original?

Drivers Vent Window:

Drivers Door Window:

Drivers Rear Window:

Convertible Top Window:

Pass. Rear Window:

Pass. Door Window:

Pass. Vent Window:

Windshield:

#4 ·
Vince,

Well, no photo but I'll offer the date coding for you:

TLCM-1
REGALITE R
AS-6 8 - H6
DO NOT RUB DRY
WASH WITH
WATER SOAKED CLOTH

8 H6 = August 66 The H doesn't change, not sure what it means at this point. Oh and by the way, your car is very nice. I'd love to see more of it.

Mike Rossi

#8 ·
Vince,

Yes, I am working with (not for) a reproduction company. To better the '67 repro interiors and convertible tops. I've owned all '67's...unrestored '67 big block pace car, two '67 zone office employee cars and a '67 RS convertible. I've been in these cars for over twenty years, judged and been a tech adviser as well. I am just trying to get the repro stuff improved on the '67's. But I can't just base it off of my four cars. Info from other original cars would be of great value.

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.