Team Camaro Tech banner

68 Camaro 15" rally wheel combo's

52K views 25 replies 17 participants last post by  SS Sixty8 
#1 ·
Hey Gang,
I have decided to run Rally wheels on my project. 15x7 in the front and 15x8 in the back. now I am just looking for tire sizes. I have new Moog 6308 springs and JCW 3 leaf in the back. If anybody has this combo could you post a pic with your tire sizes. Thanx!!

#2 · (Edited)
255-60-15 out back.
225-60-15 up front.

#10 ·
#4 ·
Hi Jim,
EE, Fathom Blue Metallic.
PM Sent.
Thank You Very Much.

#6 ·
Thanx Camaro's & Chevelles, & Lonnie P for posting pics. Lonnie, that is exactly the look I was searching for! What type of front coil springs are you using?

#7 ·
Jim,
I am running the same combo on my 68 coupe W/AC as lonnie p tire wise with the 15X7 (FW) rally in front and 15X8 4.5" BS aftermarket(NPD) rally in back I am running the JCW 3 leafs in the back and moog 6320 in the front. my front tires 215/65/15 will lightly scrub inner fender well on hard bumps, my rear wheel space is good although my tires would hit the fender lip if heavily loaded this i believe is due to rear disc on 8.5 nova rear pushing tire/rim out a little versus drum setup. Im sorry I dont have a picture at this time. Overall I am happy with the stance and handling of this combo as my daily driver. dan

#9 ·
Not sure of spring numbers.

Fronts were for a big block (since he car is), but do not know numbers.
Rears were factory 5 leaf.

Currently changing the rear springs as they were geting bent from the traction bars.
Hope to have new pictures soon with the new parts.

Rear wheels are GM 4"BS. Currently upgrading to a 4.5" BS with a wider tire as the current tires are not sticky enough & I want to keep them tucked in.

Trying to determine what size sticky tire to run.

#13 ·
Rear wheels are GM 4"BS. Currently upgrading to a 4.5" BS with a wider tire as the current tires are not sticky enough & I want to keep them tucked in.
Trying to determine what size sticky tire to run.
Lonnie,

I'm also running 15X8 with 4" backspace and a 255/60/15 tire.

Looking at the 4 1/2" BS rallys at NPD and hoping I can squeeze in a 275/60/15 BFG drag radial without rubbing. I definetely want to keep the tire inside the fender.
George (fatblock) says he has this combo. :D

#11 ·
Hi Lex,
Thank You for the compliment.
My Dad is the Original Owner of my 52,000 mile Camaro.
My Camaro was repainted the Original color back in 1988. All NOS GM Sheetmetal was used in the restoration (Fenders, Inner Fenders, Radiator Support, Battery Tray, Cowl Hood, Trunk Lid, Rear Quarters and Outer Wheelhouses. My Uncle's Shop used Dupont Lucite Fathom Blue Metallic (Paint Code EE). 18 Coats of Lacquer and 3 Coats of Clear were applied. The paint was hand rubbed between coats. The Code on the Trim Tag is actually E2, but I decided not to put the Vinyl Top back.
Thank You Again for the compliment.

#12 ·

front
15x7 offset -6, backspace 3.76 tires 215/65/15
back
15x8.5 offset -25, backspace 3.77 tires 235/60/15

im selling my wheels and tires if your interested.

#16 ·
So.....
interesting read here....

I saw a 68 RS/SS for sale locally with 235/60/15 on all for corners, looks like 15x7 Rallys

looks like lots of clearance....
Is this really too large of a front tire for my street cruiser 68 Vert?
thinking the 215/65/15s shown here are a tad too small.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.