Team Camaro Tech banner

1968 Camaro Black with a red int, or Sequoia green with a black int?

17K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  68CalCamaro 
#1 ·
Ive been trying to decide on a paint color for my 1968 Camaro RS The car was originally sequoia green with a black vinyl top and a white stripe across the front fender and header panel (not the hockey stripe) it also had the rocker door molding and the wide molding on the door the pic below is the closest looking to my car besides the hockey stripe and the ss emblems,

My question - Should I go with the all original or paint the car Black with a Red interior?

or

See less See more
#2 ·
I had a '68 RS that was sequoia green and had a white top and a black/white houdstooth interior---I liked it alot...good combo.

You cant go wrong with your choices, but in the end you should choose what you want!

Its ur car and you should enjoy it as you wish!

Dave.

#6 ·
If it is a numbers matching documented BB car I would put it back original. Otherwise paint it however you want, I don't think value is hurt on driver type cars as long as color is correct for year. From a resale point it takes a green guy to buy a green car. Black with red interior and bumble bee stripe is a cool combo

#8 ·
From a resale point it takes a green guy to buy a green car.
I guess that must be true. My 67 coupe with original Mountain Green paint is in obvious need of body work to repair dings, dents, rust spots, etc. Whenever I mention to someone that body and paint is in the future, I am always asked "What color are you going to repaint it? Black? Dark Blue?" - the implication being that keeping it Mountain Green would be a poor choice. Nothing screams mid-60's GM paint more than Mountain Green, if you ask me.

#11 ·
I'll cast my vote for the original color. I have an Ash Gold 68. It recently went to a restoration shop for body & paint. The guys at the shop seemed quite delighted that I was going to keep it the original color. Black, red and blue Camaros are like belly buttons - everybody has one.

#12 ·
My 68 SS was originally sequoia green with deluxe parchment houndstooth interior. I painted it hugger orange with a black vinyl top and black interior. No I'm wishing I would have went back original after seeing pictures of the original color. Black looks good, but it seems like every car show i go to has a black, blue or red camaro. My vote is for the green. What color was your interior originally?

Here are some pictures that I have been saving. I believe the first car belongs to someone on this site.

#13 ·
My car came factory with a STD Black int with a fold down back seat. right now it has black deluxe seats in it.

Im loving the green I think, The black is more flashy but the green is more classy :p

Does anybody know the paint code or paint # for Sequoia green so I can go get a qrt?

#14 ·
I had a similar post in interiors, no one replied, so I'll chime in here. I like the green exterior w/ black vinyl top combination for my '68. As far as the interior, I'm trying to decide on carpet and seat color. The car was originally an ivy gold interior, but I dont think I'll go that route.

Can anyone recommend a carpet/ seat color combination, and or include a photo? I was thinking the dark green carpet with a different seat color...

I currently have no interior so its a blank slate.

Thanks!

#15 ·
Here is the deluxe houndsthooth parchment insides in a sequoia green car. With a black top, I would go with black interior. Either would look good though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.