Team Camaro Tech banner

TMI sport seats and center console clearance.

3K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  nev68 
#1 ·
I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on buying the TMI sport seats for my 68. I'm getting black deluxe. Looking at the pictures I've seen the bolstering looks really close to the center console lid. Has anyone noticed any problems with the bolstering interfering with the lid when you're sitting in the seats? I normally like bone stock interiors (steering wheel exempt) but these look too nice to pass up. Also, do these seats look "fat" for lack of a better term? Most of the pics I see are 69 seats with headrests and that may be altering my perception somewhat. Mine won't have headrests. I keep going back and forth between the sport and standard seats. Either way I'm going to go with TMI.

Thanks

This is the car they will be going in (don't think I've posted pics here before)

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Your car looks familar. :thumbsup: How long have you had it ? Can't think of his name right off, but a member here had one that looked identical. Mike, maybe?

Anyway, no, the seats don't interfere with the console lid. You'll have to look at all the pics you can find and decide if they look fat to you....personally,I don't think so. "Fat" in all the right places, maybe ? ...:yes:

#4 ·
Thanks guys.

I've had the car for about 20 years. It was my first car. The color combo is factory, however it originally had a vinyl top that I elected not to replace. It also originally had a blue interior, but has had black ever since I have owned it, and that's what I'm putting in it.

The Mike you speak of, I copied his wheel selection. I had my choice between the VWW wheels on there now and a some Boyd Coddington somethingrathers. I was googling the VWW V45's and saw his car and went "done."

Our cars are a little different under the hood; mine has an LS3 and a TR6060 out of a 2010 Camaro :).

#5 · (Edited)
Also, do these seats look "fat" for lack of a better term?
I think they do in certain aspects. The 67/8 standard seat bottoms look fat and the 67 deluxe tops look bloated. More so because we are accustomed to seeing the original shapes. I'm contemplating TMI or just having late model seats recovered. Late model adjustability and seat structure, in combination with the foam may provide more comfort and a preferred appearance. Either choice would be an improvement over original. Real life comparisons would be helpful.

They don't look overly bloated here, just bolstered: 67 Deluxe, Post #73 http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=198704&highlight=TMI+seats&page=5

Are you changing the rear seat surrounds and door tops to black or leaving them blue?

#6 ·
Hi Steve,

Just to chime in a bit here and answer a frequently answered question...the Sport Seats are no wider than a stock seat. We added bolstering but that comes forward(towards the dash), not wider. Also the actual insert of the seat(where you physically sit) is no different than stock. Just the edges of the seat is where we added the bolstering.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

#8 ·
I just got my 67 Deluxe seats re-done with the TMI Sport Seat package. The look great and are very firm. However, they sit A LOT taller than the stock seat... I am gonna have to cut and alter the seat brackets somehow just to make the car drivable again. With the new seats, my head is rubbing the headliner quite a bit and my legs are into my steering wheel. I am 511, medium build... The seats are bolted to the floor pan with no carpet between... I feel like I am in a boost seat....
I am open for suggestions....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.