Team Camaro Tech banner

NOS 69 inner fender

3K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  fast_in_muskoka 
#1 ·
What would a NOS 69 Camaro passenger side inner fender be worth, I know that they are very hard to find.

#3 ·
See, that's the kind of stuff that baffles me. I can understand wanting NOS sheetmetal if it fit really well, and if you were restoring an ultra-rare car, but to drop 5-6x the cost of an aftermarket stamping for something that's barely seen and doesn't really have to fit all that well doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Then again, there's a lot out there that doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.......

#7 ·
Repops I have seen are lighter gauge with less than original spot welds.

Inner fenders are structural in a unibody car, makes good sense to me to go NOS.

Typically I would install used OEM before repop - that's just me though . . .
Don't know that I'd go so far as to say they're "structural", though the probably help keep the front end in place. Never heard of anyone having a structural failure from using repop inner fenders.

#10 ·
I bought a repo. rh inner fender back when I was restoring mine in '91. Man this thing was a POS. It made the fender pull in behind the front tire,even after I re-drilled the holes or it would have been worse. And it screwed up the mounting of the rh headlight. I really wish I would have found a NOS one,that's for sure!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.