Team Camaro Tech banner

Hi there I'm new here, bare with me

3K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  The Snowman 
#1 ·
I'm a new member to this site, but I have already gotten alot of info from here. hopefully I can get some more, and maybe even give a little. Thanks in advance.

#13 ·
i've figured out how to post pics, but can someone tell me how to make a signature?

#16 ·
http://s1259.beta.photobucket.com/user/rustbucket29/media/photo_zps0312eed5.jpg.html

I have a 69 z/28 clone. My dad bought the car when I was 12 for 2 grand. It was orange with rally wheels, flat hood, no spoiler, tired 327, 3sp, with manual overdrive, and an open 10 bolt with 2:70 gears. Its an L.A. car, Originally it was hugger orange with a white vinyl tip, and ivory standard interior. I thought the interior was brown, but after a whole afternoon with a toothbrush and a gallon of simple green I found the interior was ivory.

My sister was older and got to drive it first, and one day coming home from high school some moron pulled out in front of her and toasted the driver front. Thankfully the guys insurance was good, and got me a brand new paint job. Dad kicked down a little extra cash and got a gm cowl hood and the body shop dialed it in orange with white stripes. Dad and I built a nice little 327 and threw in a saginaw 4 speed. Once I was driving in high school I rebuilt a modified chevelle 12 bolt in auto shop and put in some reliable 3:55 gears. Over the years its gotten a couple minor changes, now it has billet specialties 17s, a fantastic Tremec 5 speed, and 4 wheel power discs and a/c. I'm running recaro seats, and a 96 console, tilt column, and had some gray tweet accents in the interior. (hey it was the 90s) It was my only mode of transport for about 5 years, never saw a garage, but got washed 3-4 times a week. Then I got a job, a family, a mortgage, and it spends most of its time waiting to be driven. At least its in a garage now, and I can hop in and tear up the road any time I wish. It needs some love now, rust is popping up in the quarters, and the 20 year old paint is showing some wear, but still looks shiny and amazing, just don't bust out your microscope. ;-)

I have a restoration shop, where I paint and build hot rods and restore classics, so I have the skills to dial it in. I just lack the extra time and funding. It will happen someday, in the mean time, I still enjoy taking it out from time to time, and turning lots of heads.

#17 ·
http://s1259.beta.photobucket.com/u...0B73ACC351FC_zpsd48d5463.jpg.html?sort=3&o=11

My other car I just got in a trade. I've posted a few confusing threads about it, (my appologies, I'm kind of all over the place trying to gain info about the car) Its an L.A. built supposed Z, but have not motor or trans. Not sure how long it will be with me. Could be around forever, could sell next week, the future is very unknown for this one. But what a great car, resto has been started by the previous owner, and the work is great. It's a terrific base for a great camaro, Z or not. Tag says, Daytona yellow, black vinyl top, yellow houndstooth. pretty cool color combo.

#19 ·
Rich, as of now, just maintain and enjoy. But lotto ultimate dream? LS, 5sp, updated suspension, shaved marker lights, flush glass, ya know all the goodies. :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.