Team Camaro Tech banner

92 Trans-Am WS6 Power Steering Box

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  USN1969SS 
#1 ·
I found a 1992 Trans-Am WS6 being parted out, has 16 inch wheels. From the research I have done this looks like the same power steering box as the IROC, does anyone know for sure? I will go and look to see if the casting numbers are the same and if it still has the two letter stamp on it. Want to use it on my 1969 manual steering car.

Also, he is asking $75 with him pulling, is that a fair price? There is no engine in car so it should be a relatively simple pull. I know I can get a rebuilt Cardone for about double that but it basically would be like new where as not sure what your getting with used...

Thanks for any info/thoughts

Dave.

#2 ·
That box would be perfect for you. See if you can get the pump and hoses too. I'm not sure if the hoses are close enough in length or not, but you wouldn't need to use adapters then. I would trust that box more than a Cardone rebuild.

Rock Auto shows the pressure hose as being 33" long. They also show the Lares box for $59.00. So is used worth $75.00 ? I would offer hoses and pump and the box for $100

#3 ·
I would buy just the box and then get the 2 line adaptors and rag joint sold a a kit from Lee Manufacturing. The kit will run you just under $100 shipped. With that box and adaptor kit it will be a direct bolt on. This is an exellent upgrade. I did mine last spring.

#4 ·
He is switching from manual steering to power steering, so he will need the pump and hoses anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.