Team Camaro Tech banner

67 Camaro, just needs a little TLC

22K views 75 replies 24 participants last post by  JJ269J 
#1 ·
#37 ·
If could afford to deliver both of my Camaros to you to finish them I would. These progress pics are always impressive. Awesome work Brian! :beers:

#40 ·
Wow! As Dr. Frakenstein said, "It lives"! It looks like a car once more.
I know someone has their car in good hands now. I'm looking forward to the finished product on that one too.
Great work Brian! : thumbsup:

#48 · (Edited)
I know I've said this a few dozen other times throughout all of your build threads,... but you are the man! :bow: You build Camaros exactly how I would want mine to come out. Top-notch worksmanship!:yes: I am quite foolish for not ever visiting your shop in person too... I live too close by not to. Can't wait for more! :popcorn:

#49 ·
I know I've said this a few dozen other times throughout all of your build threads,... but you are the man! :bow: You build Camaros exactly how I would want mine to come out. Top-notch worksmanship!:yes: I am quite foolish for not ever visiting your shop in person too... I live too close by not to. Can't wait for more! :popcorn:
Thanks Todd !

I really do appreciate the kind words ! It really helps make all the long hours worth it when people notice the effort !

:beers:

#51 ·
Thank you for taking the time to post!!! Your work is inspiring and your pictures are invaluable especially to a beginner like myself. I've basically used your "resurrection" 68 convertible project as a roadmap for my own build. Can I ask you two questions? 1. What brand quarter panels are you using? 2. I noticed in this build you are using undercoating on some panels. (side cowls etc) I did not see this in the 68 convertible build. What made you decide to use it and will it be standard practice for you? Thanks for everything!!

#55 ·
Sweet and neat!:thumbsup: (as always)...:beers:

#58 ·
Nice work! You make it look so easy.

I have a question. How do you weld the area circled in red on the photo below?

I hope the picture shows up.

Thanks
Joe
Thanks, Joe

From the factory that area is just seam sealed. I however like to put a couple spot welds in the seam then grind them down. Later this will be seam sealed before paint.

#65 ·
Just imagine,... if we all (re)built cars as well as Brian and his shop does, we wouldn't be re-restoring any of them unless we wanted to change the body's color. :D Just by studying the pics, you can pick up LOTS of other quality tips and techniques. A solid reference thread.:yes:

#67 · (Edited)
Hey Brian! Good talking to you the other day! Yep, I'm back in town and ready to bring my baby to ya for the "final touches"... you were right! Joe's Camaro turned out awesome! I bet he is glad you got him this one instead of his F'ed up '68 Firebird...

For you all, I got back from an overseas gig in early June of this year. My car was 98% ready to roll but I couldn't wait another day!! So I "convinced" Brian to let me have her and that I would bring her back to get the punch list things completed... Well, it's been four months of hard driving and top-down fun!! Alas, I have to bring her in for her final few things...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.