Team Camaro Tech banner

68 Camaro Wiring question

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Everett#2390 
#1 ·
Hello Camaro team,

Long time reader, first time needing help!

I am at final stages with my 68 RS and almost done wiring the car. I purchased the car disassembled missing many parts.

My questions is, I have a 12 pin connector that stops at the passenger foot area. I have ohmed some speaker wires and found the starter wire also in this connecter (purple). Everyone I have spoke to has the purple starter wire through junction box. Was this an option and what else does this connector feed?

This is a no air car. I need to trace all the wires and was wondering if anyone could confirm what this connector fed. I would like to purchase the mating harness.

Thanks for the help

Ryan

#6 ·
That's what I questioned also. So the starter wire would of course hook to the neutral safety switch completing the circuit. I havn't found a mating harness for this 12 pin which is why I questioned that.

Sounds like I'm in the right direction. Will continue the hunt.

Thanks again,

Ryan

#7 ·
If you don't have a console and want to start the car, just make a jumper wire connecting the two purple wires together. Just be aware you will be able to start the car with the transmision being in gear. You are by-passing a safety device (neutral safety switch). That's my disclaimer :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.