Team Camaro Tech banner

Rearend out of a 67/68 Camaro value?

4K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  Garfields Maro 
#1 ·
I am looking at buying a parts truck for my 50 pickup. It comes with a 67 or 68 Camaro rearend. I don't need it and was wondering what it would be worth? I don't know the gears or what it came out of other than that. Thanks

#2 ·
Re: Rearend out of a 67/68 camaro value?

If its got a 10 bolt, it's not worth much.

A 12 bolt will bring some money, and if its a 12 bolt posi it's worth even more. There should be a code on the passenger side of the axle facing forward that will decode what it is. There should also be a code on the pumpkin itself. Post those numbers and we can tell you if it's worth $100 or $1500.

#9 ·
Re: Rearend out of a 67/68 camaro value?

I did count the bolts and it's a 10 bolt. If I could get $100 I would be happy.
Caution.......you may have to pay someone to take it. :D

If it's a posi you might get something for it but not much.

#13 ·
Hate hijacking a thread, but... I live on a main artery in our neighborhood so if something even remotely metallic is seen by the curb, it doesn't last 15 minutes, at most. Piranha attack!!

More than once I'll still be walking back up the driveway after putting something out there and someone has already stopped to grab it! :)
I've helped more than one scrapper load his vehicle.

#16 ·
I build and sell 8.5" rears for these cars and I will buy or take these 8.2's as a core. I use the axles, backing plates and the end of the axle tubes then give the rest to a buddy for scrap. sometimes you find a decent ratio gear and can sell that on ebuy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.