Team Camaro Tech banner

1968 Yenko Camaro

10K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  Joe Harrison 
#1 ·
I am looking to make my 1968 Camaro an exact 1968 Yenko Camaro. Does anyone know everything I need Inside and out?

#2 ·
Start with a standard black interior (no console) 4-speed (M-21), 68 CE 427 block, some emblems, special fiber glass hood, Pontiac wheels with red lines. You will have trouble finding the Red Y for the centers though. Some SW gauges. Heavy duty suspension (12 bolt rear) Paint the car Corvette Bronze and your ready to go

#7 ·
#11 ·
That Grotto blue car in the links above looks great. If anyone has pictures of the interior of that car please e-mail them to me. I just bought a Grotto Blue Camaro and would like to see pictures of the blue interior so I can make mine correct. Got me thinking of buying one of those Yenko knockoff hoods now! They look great

Joe

#12 ·
I'm pretty sure all the COPO 9737s came with standard black interior? Kevin Suydam's car has red interior but I thought that was the exception? I think there were 3 or 4 68 Yenkos that were not COPOs and they could well have had a different color. I think we need an expert on this one!!!!!!!!!

#13 ·
Well you are sort of right. Most 9737 were ordered by Yenko, and Yenko ordered nothing but black standard interiors, so most 9737 would be black interior. However, the interior color and 9737 were totally seperate, so technically, any interior could be ordered with the COPO 9737.

The 9737 package was a well kept secret. I know Berger knew about it and ordered some double COPOs, and it seems like one other dealer, but I can't remember which. Douglas? Gibb?

#14 ·
I don't think you can make any absolute rules on the Yenko cars. Most had black interior but not all. There is both a 1967 and a 1968 blue Yenko Camaro with blue interior and I think Rob's Grn Yenko Chevelle has Grn interior and Grn vinyl top. Most Yenko's with vinyl tops had black. Then you have the Douglass Yenko cars that may have come with different interior colors.

#16 ·
Close, Joe! While my car does have the dark green vinyl top, I only *wish* it had the green guts to match! If I could build a car, that would be exactly how I woulda done it...Fathom Green, dark green top, with green interior...oh well, as Meat Loaf said, "2 outta 3 ain't bad"...:D

#17 ·
Since 1968 was the first year for "COPO/9737" there has been a lot of speculation on almost every aspect of these Camaros, so I would have to say "anything is possible". The interesting part with the 69 Chevelles you could get the bench seat with cloth interior. I think yours is Cloth is'nt Rob? The L B Chevelle in Florida also has the bench seat, cloth interior.

#18 ·
JUst wanted to clear something up. I don't have a Yenko and was wanting blue interior photos. Just wanted to make sure everyone understood that I was not saying I had a 68 witha blue interior.

Joe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.