Team Camaro Tech banner

Deluxe Interior Install/Fit Questions

4K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Sauron67MM 
#1 ·
I'm thinking of doing Deluxe Door Panels in my 69 Coupe. It was a Standard Interior.

So I know I need the following:

Front Door Panels, Trim Cups, Panel Trims, Deluxe Handles and the Handle Mechanisms, Window Handles

Rear 1/4 panels, trim and window handles.

I'm under the impression the Deluxe Rear Seat in narrower? I need to modify the rear seat anyway for my mini tubs so I should have no problem fitting it to the Deluxe Panels.

Am I'm Right/Wrong/Missing Anything?

Thanks

#3 ·
i cant answer your questions about the door panels, but i just switched my standard seat covers out for houndstooth and the rear is the same width, just make sure and get it for a standard coupe not convertable

i got all my interior stuff from NPD, it came in a TMI box, and i had to get new foam for the bucket seats (foam was "american cushion industry" brand)...it all fit like a glove my upolsterer said

before:

after:

you can tell the difference between the stock bucket seat cushions and NPD new foam for there deluxe/houndstooth covers:

#4 ·
i just switched my standard seat covers out for houndstooth and the rear is the same width, just make sure and get it for a standard coupe not convertable
I did my last 69 in the same.

I have Procar Seats for my new build with matching rear covers.

I've looked a lot at custom door panels that would probably cost me $3K when I'm done. Funny but to me none of them look better then the Stock Deluxe Panels.

Chime in if anybody knows on the window regulators.

I'm after the Turkey Day 20% off deals

Thanks

#9 ·
The rear seat is narrower to accommodate the built in arm rests on the rear panels. Has nothing to do with rear seat covers. From the factory, you could not get houndstooth covers on standard interior (wider rear seat). However, the seat cover manufacturers offer hounds tooth for both seat widths.

#10 ·
Way Back I traded a guy my standard seats for deluxe seats. I dont remeber putting his door panels on I thought I got a full width rear seat. The car I have now has deluxe comfortweave and a fold down rear seat so it has arm rests. I think some of the rear seat info is different for 69's than 67-68 and the width might be it.

Jeff

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.