Team Camaro Tech banner

Fuel inlet thread size for a q-jet?

6K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  brewcity 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Does anyone know the size of the fuel inlet thread size on a 4bbl Q-jet?
I need a flared connector to the fuel line, but cant seem to find one that fits into the fuel inlet. I have tried 3/8, 1/4, 3/4, and anything else I could find to no avail. Is the fuel inlet on a q-jet a standard size? Someone mentioned to me that its a 5/8"-18. Is this correct?
If someone could help me, that would be great! Thanks a lot!

#5 ·
#6 ·
The common inlet thread sizes for the carb body are 7/8"X20(sae) or 1"X20(sae) - although there were some 5/8"X20 also for some BOP models. (note: these are an 'SAE" thread pitch, not typical NPT or other common ones)
The most common stock fuel line flare sizes are 5/16" or 3/8".
Try getting a couple flare fitting nuts from an auto supply store and seeing what fits.

Summit and others have a good selection of them, even Edelbrock sells them ...

#7 ·
The common inlet thread sizes for the carb body are 7/8"X20(sae) or 1"X20(sae) - although there were some 5/8"X20 also for some BOP models. (note: these are an 'SAE" thread pitch, not typical NPT or other common ones)
The most common stock fuel line flare sizes are 5/16" or 3/8".
Try getting a couple flare fitting nuts from an auto supply store and seeing what fits.

Summit and others have a good selection of them, even Edelbrock sells them ...
Great! Thanks so much to everyone!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.