Team Camaro Tech banner

Lowering blocks 1"

11K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Pete68 
#1 ·
Hi
After have changed "all" parts in my suspension last year I felt that the rear end was a bit high and I want to get it down a bit.
Is there any company selling lowering blocks ? I have tried searching but can´t find anything. I could of course make some ones myself, but Í thought I should check if anyone selling them.

Thanks
Nick

See less See more
#3 ·
If you have very much horsepower, go with cast iron not aluminum blocks. :thumbsup:

#4 ·
#5 ·
Thanks guys :thumbsup:
I must have been a bad searcher, couldn´t find any before.

Steve
I don´t have enough power (as always :D)
But maybe in the future. Where could you find the iron ones ?
And is it a big problem with alu ones and bigger engines ?

But for now will the aluminium do.

#6 ·
Steve
I don´t have enough power (as always :D)
But maybe in the future. Where could you find the iron ones ?
And is it a big problem with alu ones and bigger engines ?

But for now will the aluminium do.
The aluminum will be fine then. Most places that sell the aluminum ones have cast iron. :beers:

#9 ·
Nick, true, everyone's taste is different, but,,,,,,,, your car is drop-dead gorgeous just the way it is. Jaw dropper too.:yes:
So, how's the weather in Sweden?

#10 ·
Al
I had planes making them my self. Problem is that I live in a small town and it´s problem getting hold of material to build. And for the price of ten dollars (as they cost) I have problem motivate me :)

Allen
I have brand new Hotchkis multi leaf with 1.5" drop, and want another 1"

Fred
Thanks, it´s "quite" ok in that angle. A side photo would have shown the reason for lowering some more a bit better.
It´s just that extra touch up.

And the weather is is is.....cold. We have had -4 F for a while, but today it raised to 32 F :hurray:

#12 ·
I have Hotchkis upper arms and springs (1907F) and Protech adjustable dampers. But you cant "copy" the height by adding same parts. I had a plan of using the stock lower arm, but when putting the car together it felt wrong to use the stock arms (a bling ting ;)). Problem was I had empty my pocket on all the other parts so went a cheaper way and bought the "chinese" arms. But when taking the car down from the stands it felt like it went thru the floor :mad:. It was standing on the bumpstops. So I had to cut the spring cup loose and raise it 30mm and the weld them on again.

At the rear I have Hotchkis multi leaf (1.5" drop) and Protech adjustable dampers.

Wheels are Image Wheels, 3piece, 8 and 9.5 x 17"

On this photo you can see it a bit better, even if it´s not a perfect showing photo.

#13 ·
The stance looks perfect to me. I like a little bit of a rake, just like that. I believe that is the stance that Hotchkis was going for.

How about adding a front coil spring spacer to bring the front up ?

2 options, but I like it as is.

#15 ·
Honestly I agree with others here: I like it as-is. Very nice stance. Looks agressive and doesn't look raised up in the back too much. If you drop it an inch I think it might look like the front is too high.

#16 ·
Owu owu owu,,, I found a flaw!
The drivers side windshield wiper is turned just a little bit.;)

#17 ·
Aaahhrg, I hoped no one would discover that........ :D

This 1" lowering is not a big problem, it´s just one of these things you want to fix.
The photos aren´t showing it properly.

If I remember it, I will post a photo when it´s lowered another 1", but it will take another three months before the snow has gone :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.