Team Camaro Tech banner

eBay Sellers

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  69-Pace 
#1 ·
I have a 67 rs Camaro nice car nothing earth shattering. So i think i know what options came on my car, and what did not. Or so i thought............

These eBay sellers are really something sometimes.
Question List
1. Did 67 rs cars have any hood options like SS bumps or Cowl. My answer No.
2. Did 67 rs cars from Los come stock with 327/TH400 or TH350. My answer No
3. Did 67 rs cars have an option for console gauges. My answer No

I had a seller swear me up and down that i was full of it.

Question 4. Am i full of it, or is his hybird 67 rs real.

Sorry for the rant, but when some advertises originality i expect it to be.:beers:

#3 ·
Yes it is a confusing post at first. I had to read it several times and pick out some key words. The OP is expressing his frustration at the amount of ignorance and/or deceit that exist amongst the car sellers out there. I agree with him. It is a minefield that must be navigated carefully. But all is not lost, where there is ignorance there are deals to be found. I got my car on ebay and was very lucky to do so. It just gets old having to wade through soooo much BS all the time.

#4 ·
Talk about confusing. No wonder you are ranting.
Are you buying or selling?
Are you asking questions or answering?
Is there a specific car you are referring to or in general?

You need to study a little more. The RS option alone does not have those items but can be combined with those and many other options.

My Camaro with RS option has SS bumps on the hood, a TH400 transmission and console gauges all from the factory.

#5 ·
1 - If it was an RS equipped SS it would have the SS hood trim. The cowl hood was not a '67 option!

2 - A '67 RS could have a 327 or any other engine available to the Camaro in 1967. RS was a trim option that included hideaway headlights and backup lights mounted under the bumper. The only automatic available in '67 unless it came with a big block was the powerglide.

3 - All '67 Camaros including those with the RS option could have optional console and gauges....

4 - I don't think you are full of it but you don't have a lot of the facts and should not rant over stuff you are not well informed on. As for the car you ask about unless I see it I can't say!

#9 ·
By all means post the auction. You won't be the 1st to do so.

Being a 67 fan I'd like to see what the TT has on it.

#10 ·
I'm still not getting the OPs deal.

I'm guessing now he was questioning an eBay seller of a 67 that he had no intention of actually buying?

I do a fair amount of buying and selling on eBay. If a guys not actually a buyer don't waste my time thank you.

#11 ·
I think we all know if you are not sure you shouldn't bid on ebay. That is the only safe bet. I got screwed " my falt ". I took a person at his word, and dont know how he sleeps at night. My car had strategic picturs taken. Was listed as no rust solid floors,trunk, and frame rails and shock mounts. As of now I have replaced all plus dash and firewall. My point is buyer beware, and if you do buy on ebay " hope for the best , but expect the worst ". I know that some of the people out there are honist, and that si when your hopes work out . I wont buy anything any more on ebay unless I am 100% positive of what is listed. Hope this will help someone else not get screwed like I did. Still no one to blame but myself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.