Team Camaro Tech banner

Quarter panel install and wheel well stretch

36K views 41 replies 10 participants last post by  prostreet69camaro 
#1 ·
Thought I would post some pics of the quarter skin install and wheel well stretch. Once they are welded I will stretch them 6 inches or so.

See less See more
#6 ·
This would be a simular stretch on a 67 or 8 Camaro.Looks very nice good looking work did you make the fill in peices or are they from another quarter..What size Tire is it going to have to need a 6" stretch.I have never stretched a 7or 8 but heard they were a pain.Not to jump your thread but to add to it,heres a pic of the stretch on my 69.I like to see the threads in PS keep us posted on the build Brian...

#22 ·
Those slicks should have no problem with traction!! Post more pics when you can, I always enjoy seeing them, Pro Street or dedicated strip cars either one:yes:. As always Brian, very impressive work:thumbsup::thumbsup:.

David F.

#28 ·
I have never done a 68 before but I did the 69 that I own. I did it like Dave did above.

The problem with a 67/68 is the opening is round so if you stretched it,, there would be a flat piece ( like the 69 ) across the middle which to me would look funny.

I like the way that Brian ( speedfreak ) did the mustang quarter panel stretch. It is just like a 67/68 camaro quarter panel. He made it look like one big half circle. Very nice indeed.

Harwood does make the fiberglass panels that are glued onto the existing quarterpanel to make a bigger opening. Dont know how long it would last before the fiberglass cracked. I would rather have all metal.

#38 ·
I have never done a 68 before but I did the 69 that I own. I did it like Dave did above.

The problem with a 67/68 is the opening is round so if you stretched it,, there would be a flat piece ( like the 69 ) across the middle which to me would look funny.
Thats the way mine was done and I think it looks ok...:yes:

Nice Job on the Stang :thumbsup:

#33 ·
Johnny,

Welcome to Team Camaro. This is a great site and lots of good info. Havent seen you at niftee50ees in a while. The last show was last weekend.

Post some pictures of your car on here. The prostreet guys will love it.

Here is the post that we posted our pictures in.
http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=128953

Thanks for sharing the video.

Mike and Beth

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.