Team Camaro Tech banner

Kick Panel Installation

3K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Moonpie 
#1 ·
Just a quick note ...I read many "Kick panel removal/installation" posts but didn't come across the way I did it (after many a struggle trying other ways), may have been posted, I just didn't see it. Any how, mine came out and went in very easy simply by pulling the bottom out first and the top came out after getting to a good angle. Putting in I just put the top in while panel bottom was at a good angle out and they went right in. This is a non ac car if that matters. The pillar post portion will be contourted but mine did not break. Did not remove heater core, just the under dash vent channel and parking brake.

#2 ·
Make sure you leak test them with a water hose on the outside before you call it good !!! I put mine in,and then tested them,and both leaked a little, so I took them back out and added more chauk, then re tested and was alright !!!

#4 ·
Yeah, sounds like it might be. I'd say that technique isn't tried much for fear of breaking the pillar section, but I must say, even after 40+ yrs, mine seemed pretty much indestructible....able to withstand anything I had to dish out anyway !:D

Anyone ever break that pillar section off a kick panel ?

#5 ·
I had to peel the passenger side body seam part of mine all the way off not long ago so I could pry the kickpanel back enough to get my hand in there and get the door switch wire plugged back on. Didn't even remove the screws around the vent. Wasn't about to pull that thing out again especially with as much duct sealer as I put on it last time. That long piece running up the door is usually pliable enough at least on originals that you can get it out without moving the kickpanel at all. Don't try it if you painted them though.....crack crack crack crack.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.