Team Camaro Tech banner

what color green for console gauge base

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  154567 
#1 ·
I was going to clean things up but I cant find what color of green to shot the base.

#2 ·
Z2birch, just a question and don't want it to sound rude, but why would you want to paint your console any color but the black it come's in, honestly how many car shows, pictures have you seen the consoles painted green, blue, red, white, etc !! But since the above description is so short, maybe I am not reading the question correct,,I have a 68 Camaro Coupe with a black console as well as a 69 Camaro Convertible with Black console. I have only seen one console in a 69 Camaro that is painted Red to match the carpets and interior, Just my personal comment, it is not my car and I do not like my car nit picked or nit pick others, They own and drive the vehicle and what ever makes them happy is what count's.....................

#5 ·
Z2birch, just a question and don't want it to sound rude, but why would you want to paint your console any color but the black it come's in, honestly how many car shows, pictures have you seen the consoles painted green, blue, red, white, etc !!
Might have misunderstood you, and don't want to hijack the OP's thread, but console cars that had red, green or blue interiors (like mine) had the console factory-painted to match the interior.

#4 ·
Now I see what you are wanting to paint, one thing I have found when repainting plastic pieces is to make sure you purchase the Plastic Prep and follow the instructions carefully before you apply the paint, I have had problem with say the plastic hinge covers on the bucket seat hinges, with the paint peeling, I currently have the cover on the outside hinge on the drivers bucket seat, that I prep it, paint it, and it for what ever reason, keeps peeling, and when opening the drivers door on my coupe, the peeling pop's out at you, maybe because I know it is there and bug's me........
Classic Industries sells different colors of interior paint for around $20 a can, plus shipping charges, and they also sell the plastic prep, they are the supplier that I have bought the interior paint from in Medium Blue, check them out, I also think that if you go to your local Upholstery Dealer, they probably sell the interior paint you are looking for, maybe cheaper and no shipping charges, worth a try, .................

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.