Team Camaro Tech banner

Inside door emblems

3K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  Sauron67MM 
#1 ·
Anyone know how to locate the inside door emblems on a 67 w deluxe interior. I dont have a Fisher body manual just the assy.

#4 ·
#6 ·
here's a question along these lines..is it possible to have deluxe door panels for a 67 WITHOUT the emblems?? I picked up a pair of door panels from e-bay last year but they DON'T have the emblems and there are no indications that an emblem was ever there. Maybe they are firebird door panels?? :confused:

#7 ·
Mine aren't ressesed for them or anything but I was going to put them on to break up the monotone door panel. You might be right about these plain panels. Thanks Eric for the pic it will help greatly.

#11 ·
If they are in good condition, and they don't have an emblem, I say it is 99.9% that they are repro. I don't know about the original black ones, but the parchment deluxe panels in my high school 67 cracked in the armrest portion very early in its life, and it just got worse and worse. Materials today (as far as vinyl upholstery goes) are much better.

#12 ·
Does anyone have repos then added emblems?? Hows it look?

#13 · (Edited)
Installing Deluxe Door Emblems on 67 Camaro- by Dale

The only reason they are “recessed” is because they were put on so tight from the factory, that they were “squeezed” onto the vinyl and foam behind them. I don’t know if you could have ever bought an original door panel without the emblem. My guess is probably not, but I do not know. I would love to see a GOOD picture of the back of your panel.

Here are the measures to install it, they are for the Drivers Side Door Panel:
ALL the measures below are to the OUTER most Edge (tip) of the emblem. They are also from the middle of the nearest groove (line) in the vinyl. I used a Stanley 12ft PowerLock metal tape measure. Also note that if you are installing the emblem while the door panel is off the car, the emblem is not “straight” in appearance.
ALL measures below are from an ORIGINAL 67 Camaro Deluxe door panel in Good Condition.

Measurements of Emblem from the face of the Door Panel:
From the top of Emblem (middle of top) to groove above: 1 1/8”
Most Outer left Edge (again middle of this edge) to groove to left: 1”
Very Top Most Left Side of Vertical Line (corner) to line off to left: 2 ¼”
Very Bottom Most Left Corner of Vertical line to the line off to left: 2 5/32”
I kept the tape measure straight with the side edge of the tape against the vinyl feeling and keeping the hook of the tape measure in the middle of the groove.

Measurement of the posts from the back of panel:
Top post is 3” from the top of the panel , 19 7/16 from rear edge of panel
Most rear post is 3 ¾ from top, 18 5/32” from rear edge of panel
Most front post is 4 1/32 from the top, 20 21/32 from rear edge of panel
Again, remember that it will not look straight on the panel.

All my measures listed above and below are exact.

Measure below are the overall size of an entire Original 67 panel:
Be careful of using these measures above on a new repo panel. I would not want to guaranty that the overall width and height of the panels are the same.
But, lining this emblem up with these grooves in the vinyl is probably going to give you your best look. This will be true even though the overall panel may not be the same for the repo's.
Height taken on entire panel at the emblem center (vertical) posts - 18 ½”
Width taken from CENTER (height) of panel – 41 ¼ (maybe a smidge more).

#14 ·
Dale you are why this forum works...You da man!
I'll take pics when I take the panel off. Should be this week.

#15 ·
I'll have to run out to my storage shed this weekend and take a picture of the door panels. The last time I looked at them I noticed they had a cardboard backing and they "look" kinda old, maybe they're a pair of OLDER repro's?? :confused:

#17 ·
The original panel is made up of a very thick, strong cardboard backing. The vinyl is laminated to it.

Well I'm not sure what the repro panels (the backing) look like but that's what mine look like, very thick strong cardboard. Hey even the cups look faded just like those in the picture! haha

#20 ·
The cup is NEW. Door panel is original to the car. Near Perfect.
My Seats, carpet, and headliner are all original.
HAHAHA, Oh my goodness, I thought I had it figured out~! :clonk:Well at least I don't have to replace them thinking they looked a little worn! I'll just have to take pics of the backside of them so I can show you guys. It really doesn't matter if they're repros or not as long as they fit! :thumbsup: And now it makes sense why I have seen some 67's at cars shows without the emblems!

#19 ·
Looks so much better with the emblems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.