Team Camaro Tech banner

who reproduces a good 309 master cylinder

5K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  Rarerat 
#1 ·
hi, what vendor or company sells a good reproduction 309 master cylinder for my 69 z28. what matters is that its technically correct in appearance, has the 309 casting. ive looked on ebay and they range from $69 to $120. what have you guys used?? i cant afford to do an original. thanks

#2 ·
Robert, I purchased one of the repop 309 master cylinders about two years ago from The Right Stuff. The master cylinder is an excellent reproduction and has worked flawlessly since installed.I don't know who makes them for The Right Stuff (China?),but it is a nice piece.I paid $99 for it two years ago.

#5 ·
thanks guys. im going to give the right stuff a call, ive already got the brake and fuel lines from them and they seem very nice quality. i cant order from camarospecialties, due to some past bad experiences dealing with them but they do have one on ebay for $119 shipped and it did have the us stamping which did intrigue me.

#7 ·
camaro specialties www.camaros.com offers the 309 reproduced master cylinder with the correct us font stamped into it

119.00 with the shipping included

they are now offering the 67/8 346 master cylinder with the correct wt font stamp in it also 179.00 shipping included

ive never known them to turn away a customer like stated in the proceeding post

#8 ·
I don't know if it helps but I just pulled out a 68 MC for manual drum brakes that was in my 68 standard coupe 250. It's original and works fine. I just did a power disc brake upgrade.

I don't know if it'll work for your car though. I'm new to classic cars so I don't know what your 309 has.

$25 and it's yours. Shipping included (assuming it doesn't cost more than $25 to ship!).

I'm in Frederick, MD. Send me a PM if you want it. I can ship it out tomorrow after I box it. If not I'll probably just hold onto it until someone else needs it.

#13 ·
thanks james, its coming along. when i went to look at it in this guys garage, it had a layer of dust on it and it looked like it had black interior. got home, cleaned it and it was green. pretty cool and different. i didnt even know it was a z, all i knew was it was a 69 with the rs front end.

#16 ·
Have seen a few pop up on eBay lately, around the $299 mark.... but don't recall them selling....(wonder why? :D). They all needed a complete rebuild, and some were so pitted that I'd definitely be sleeving them for safety's sake if it was mine.
FWIW, I have an original 309 MC with an 'EA' application stamp, and I couldn't give it away....

#14 ·
now back to why, its not that i cant order from them, i wont. its about principle. im not trying to bash. my first experience with them i was satisfied, but the last 2 was the last. when you take your hard earned dollar and tell someone exactly what you want and then they send you something you told them you didnt want. thats it for me. enough said. in the next month ill be ordering a right stuff master cylinder, summit racing has them for $89. + shipping.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.