Team Camaro Tech banner

Are Scat crankshafts any good?

25K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  67RSSS 
#1 ·
Are Scat crankshafts any good, or should I stay with the stock 454 cast crank? I did a search and still need more input. Are they cast in China and machined in the US? Is the crank reliable and ready to install, or do they need to be worked. If I could get a hold of a used forged crank and get it reconditioned, I would, but can't find any. Any suggestion or comments?

#7 ·
This topic was started in 2001.

#10 · (Edited)
The scat cranks, rods have been very successfull and horror stories are few and far between unlike the eagle brand which have more stories on the internet! I would not have any hesitation in using/purchasing scat as they have a good history and record!

scat in a 454 is a safe bet in my opinion only. If one has a high reving motor than their forged steel cranks are a better choice and more than capable for the street and stress we put on them. The track may be a different story although many will/can attest that they have great success their too! Pretty much a safe bet with scat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.