Team Camaro Tech banner

BB reproduction chrome valve covers

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Z10396 
#1 ·
Any one have advice on where to get a quality set for my 396 in my 69?

There are tons of cheap one reproductions available on Ebay but I am apprehensive about their quality?

#3 ·
Any one have advice on where to get a quality set for my 396 in my 69?
Are you looking to stay with the stock chrome look?

If not - found a very cool set from Ground Up - looks like the old Cal Custom finned aluminum covers, good clearance, not too tall, have baffles and has the "396 Turbo Jet" flags too! :thumbsup:

I'll get some some installed pics posted next week.

Tom

Attachments

#4 ·
Assuming you're looking for factory style, if I remember correctly I think I have heard good things about this place: http://www.cranescorvette.com/prod02.htm

They are extremely expensive, though. It seems it's either those, find a set of originals to rechrome, or the cheap repros of questionable quality. I currently have a set of cheap repros on my camaro, they developed rust spots even before the engine was in the car. They do have the correct drippers, etc., and the slant on the back like the 'vette covers. I'd like to replace them with better quality ones, but at $490 per pair I'll be sticking with the cheap repros I've got. If you have an original car with a detailed resto $490 might not be so bad. That's a lot of money, though, so if you do consider them I'd check them out thoroughly before sending the cash, I can't remember where I found that link so I'd get more opinions before going ahead with it.

#5 ·
Thank Guys,

I am looking for the stock appearance.

However Tom, I do like yours!

I guess I will be doing the cheapy ebay covers. I have been hesitant to pay the $350 exhaust manifolds.

I definitely don't have $490 for valve cover. They should be dipped in gold for that price...lol! I do appreciate the info Mike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.