Team Camaro Tech banner

67' 250 6-cylinder, 3 speed on the floor...

7K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  eville 
#1 ·
Guys, this is a 45k mile unmolested original car. Excellent rust free condition (excluding quarter lips). My question is this: Is there a demand or extra value for this base model platform? The reason for this question is I have a nice 454 and an m20, just screaming for the transplant! But, i don't want to do anything stupid if this car has more value in it's current stock form. I know it seems somewhat rare, based on my personal experience...Not seeing any 6-cylinder cars at super chevy or any cruise-ins. What are your thoughts?
Thanks

#2 ·
#3 ·
Do what you want. You can always save all the origional stuff if someone offers you a suitcase full of cash for it as origional. Rare doesn't always mean valuable. A nice resto-mod will be worth more than a boring 6 banger. Better plan on a stouter rear end unless you are ging to drive it like grandma. Maybe the genius who bought a moon rover (on the moon) will give you 50k for it as is.

#4 ·
i don't know with gas at 3 dollars a gallon that ole 6 banger may look pretty good a few years from now.you know gas is only going to get higher.but for me I'm a power monster i love horse power.its all about what you want.I've seen some super nice 6 banger show cars & they won trophies over some nice driver quality v8 cars.heck to me if its a 67-69 i love them all

#7 ·
Sounds like a great find !

Since you asked, my personal opinion would be to leave it original. I have found that the number of modified cars of the era FAR outweigh the original, surviving cars. 6 cyl, or 8 cyl really wouldn't matter to me. Original=original, and original=history. I have an original, and won't touch it unless putting a date coded part back on it. I am having fun searching for dated parts of the era. I didn't go out looking for an original, just happened to stumble upon one. What I had wanted was a 1st Gen Camaro that I could dump my 427 into and build it all up, and after I found this particular car, just couldn't bring myself to do it. I am currently looking for another 1st Gen that is not original so I can "soup it up".

But like everyone says...it's your car and you have to do what YOU want. If you do put the BB in it, just like the reply above states, just don't cut it up, so you can put it back if you ever wanted to sell it to someone who wants it original.

It's only original once. Have fun with it !!!

My 2 cents.

#8 ·
Thanks for all the feedback. I'm really swaying toward keeping it as it is. I think its pretty cool in its original form. I'm really trying to stay focused, smart and practical with this car. True, not everyone is turned on with a "6-banger" bare bones coupe. But, it is a bit different then the run of the mill 1st gen and that's what i like about it. Also, i know myself and i don't know where to find a good stopping point once i tear into a project. I currently have a 66' chevelle that's off the frame for a complete resto that started out as a trunk pan replacement and engine/tranny swap. I really want to enjoy this camaro and not have it become a perpetual space hoarding project. lol

#12 ·
What did you decide to do with your car?
I have a similar situation with a 1968 hardtop with a 250 and 2-speed trans on the column. The car has low low miles and has never been modified. It still has the original AM radio in the dash. I am tempted to replace the 6 with a V8 but think the car is more valuable in its original condition. I just don't know.

#14 ·
Go for it. A BBC or LS Swap with an OD tranny will make it what it needs to be.

The reason so many have been modded is because nobody wants a 6 cylinder OEM car.

Everybody saying “keep it original”. How many of them have a 6 cyl 3 speed car? Crickets....

This is my person observation and opinion.

J

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.