Team Camaro Tech banner

67 camaro delux courtesy lights replacement?

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  aus67 
#1 ·
Hi I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the removal or replacement of 67 Camaro delux trim courtesy lights as fitted to sailpanels? My car is fitted with the originals light that look like they have never been removed the chrome is pitted and lights do not work I suspect the bulbs are shot. How are they attached? I couldnt tell at a quick glance and do not want to risk damaging the original sailpanel trim by fishing around guessing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#4 ·
This has been discussed before.
The plastic light covers have little tabs that when you squeeze the plastic, the tabs are released and you can pull the plastic cover off.
The problem is that yours are probably so old, the plastic will be like egg shells. I would not even try to save them if they are that fragile. Once you have removed the plastic covers, the 2 screws to remove the entire assembly will be revealed. ALL is easy after that.

#5 ·
Thanks heaps guys I was kind of embarrassed to ask about such a simple task but a slip of a screw driver can ruin something that has lasted 41 years! you know what I mean. With a little direction thanks to you guys I managed to removed the light covers without destroying anything and with a little cleaning and polishing and some new globes everything looks great. I found the light sockets under the dash and relamped them also what a difference it made, if its there its got to work i say. I also found the car is fitted with a boot light also, fitted to the boot lid but it only works with the headlights /parklights on. Is this normal? the wiring looks original and has an orange wire running to it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.