Official Sponsor of Team Camaro

Auto Insurance

Registered users (free) do not see these large ads

Interiors Upholstery & soft trim

Old Nov 12th, 12, 03:45 PM
Team Member

Randy

Default Best carpet kit

Can anyone recommend vendor that sells a good quality/fitting carpet kit for my 67 rs. Just spent a whole day pulling seats and old carpet and scraping the floors. Got it all cleaned up and ready for new carpet. Thanks in advance. Randy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 12th, 12, 06:30 PM
Tech Team

Default Re: Best carpet kit

Al Knoch's interiors are the best. Everything from them is top knoch and fits great.
Old Nov 12th, 12, 06:45 PM

Brian

Trim Parts http://www.trimparts.com/carpet_details/index/aWQ9NDU4/
Old Nov 12th, 12, 08:18 PM
Senior Tech

Dave

I am also interested in this. Can any one say how Al Knoch and Trim parts carpet compare to ACC. Not only as far as the fit, but the look and quality.
Old Nov 12th, 12, 08:45 PM
Gold Lifetime Member

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69-Pace View Post
Which style/cut is most similar to original?
Old Nov 12th, 12, 09:53 PM
Senior Tech

Garth

Didn't know Al Knoch supplies carpet ?

I'd recommend ACC over Trim Parts. My interior carpet is ACC and I got trunk carpet from Trim Parts. ACC is heavier....really apparent when holding a light up to it, as you can see right through it. But the Trim Parts for the trunk should be good as I'm more concerned about it breathing rather than wearing.

RockAuto has the best deal on ACC carpet.....

Last edited by Garfields Maro; Nov 12th, 12 at 10:04 PM.
Old Nov 13th, 12, 02:19 PM
Senior Tech

Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfields Maro View Post
Didn't know Al Knoch supplies carpet ?

I'd recommend ACC over Trim Parts. My interior carpet is ACC and I got trunk carpet from Trim Parts. ACC is heavier....really apparent when holding a light up to it, as you can see right through it. But the Trim Parts for the trunk should be good as I'm more concerned about it breathing rather than wearing.

RockAuto has the best deal on ACC carpet.....
x2^^^^

Just replaced my old Trim Parts carpet today with ACC.

ACC is molded better and is much heavier.

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/708/img0248k.jpg

350,9.6 comp,Vortec heads,Crane 274ho6,rpm air gap,Flowmaster
HEI,Holley 600 DP,4 speed 3.11 first,Hotchkis suspension,3.08 rear... need posi.
Old Nov 13th, 12, 08:20 PM
Senior Tech

Dave

What do people think about the texture of the ACC carpets? I ordered one a while back and I thought the texture was uneven. Like some of the loops where higher others. Like if a rake was dragged over it and it pulled up some of the loops.

I had a JC Whitney carpet in the car for many years before that and it's texture was more even and consistant. My original carpet went out in the trash many years ago so I have no reference.
Old Nov 13th, 12, 08:48 PM
Senior Tech

67 Camaros Rock

I had ACC in my 67, it was daily driven and the sun faded the black to black/brown in about 2 years.

I have planned on going trim parts because I need new carpet myself but I really have to wonder how many suppliers are really making carpet vs it being supplied from just few vendors???

I think I might be going with the cut pile this time instead of the loop. My 67 is not a resto or original so the cut pile will work great for me pus look a little newer. How it's formed will matter more and I am thinking ACC now after reading in this post.

Also does anyone know if we can get one piece instead of buying the two piece and having a seam?? I would rather have no seam and just a one piece carpet myself.

My 67 Camaro Time Line http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=211805
Old Nov 14th, 12, 02:47 PM

Keith

I installed the ACC ultra plush carpet "Black" in my 67 i was impressed with the molding and fit.
Old Nov 19th, 12, 07:25 PM
Gold Lifetime Member

Todd

I chose ACC carpet for my '81 z/28 and was so impressed that I bought a second carpet kit in advance for my '69 coupe that I am still restoring. heavy thickness, nice coloring, thick padding, nice edges, and great fit. You will have to slice some slits in it for various things, but that's standard for most auto carpet kits.

Here's my '81 /28 (caramel or camel tan as most call it) carpet. (it'll be a while before I install the '69 carpet otherwise I would have shown you that) ... I bought this carpet through Year One at the time, but it's available through many vendors today.

No close-ups, but maybe it will help you in making a decision. I drove the car for 4 years as my daily driver and carpet still looked new.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	inside.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	30949   Click image for larger version

Name:	rearseatview8.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	30950   Click image for larger version

Name:	steeringwheel.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	30951  

Helpful build pics+tips from my restoration:
http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/m...ro%20%20SS350/
My build thread:
http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=146455
Old Nov 20th, 12, 04:42 AM
Senior Tech

Bruce

2 of my 69 Camaros have ACC carpet for over 20 years and it has held up fine. One has the loop and the other cut pile . . . I like the cut pile better and just looks better. I would say ACC makes the majority of carpet as I have bought it from several vendors over the last 25 years and it has been ACC.
Old Nov 21st, 12, 12:42 PM

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Harrison View Post
I had ACC in my 67, it was daily driven and the sun faded the black to black/brown in about 2 years.
I think that may have more to do with the Tucson sun than the carpet. I have had ACC carpet in my 69 Vette for over 10 years and it looks as good as the day I installed it. A buddy of mine has an Al knoch interior in his vette and I think you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference. Neither of our cars are Bloomington gold cars

My dads 65 impala, my 61 Buick and my 68 camaro have had carpet discolor or change color within a year or two of being installed and being daily driven in Tucson. They were all from different manufacturers. The impala carpet was fawn that turned green, the Buick's blue carpet faded to a light blue and the camaro's carpet browned over time. These cars are garaged too. Anyone who hasn't lived in southern AZ has no idea what that sun does to a car.
Old Nov 21st, 12, 12:59 PM
Senior Tech

67 Camaros Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0ondoggy View Post
I think that may have more to do with the Tucson sun than the carpet. I have had ACC carpet in my 69 Vette for over 10 years and it looks as good as the day I installed it. A buddy of mine has an Al knoch interior in his vette and I think you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference. Neither of our cars are Bloomington gold cars

My dads 65 impala, my 61 Buick and my 68 camaro have had carpet discolor or change color within a year or two of being installed and being daily driven in Tucson. They were all from different manufacturers. The impala carpet was fawn that turned green, the Buick's blue carpet faded to a light blue and the camaro's carpet browned over time. These cars are garaged too. Anyone who hasn't lived in southern AZ has no idea what that sun does to a car.
I lived in San Diego and then Arkansas at the time the carpet went in. Only been in Tucson less than year. Car has been apart and has not had carpet since: being here. Believe me I do know what your saying about what the Tucson sun will do to the carpet or interior in general.
My 67 Camaro Time Line http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=211805
Old Nov 21st, 12, 01:28 PM

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Harrison View Post
I lived in San Diego and then Arkansas at the time the carpet went in. Only been in Tucson less than year. Car has been apart and has not had carpet since: being here. Believe me I do know what your saying about what the Tucson sun will do to the carpet or interior in general.
Fine, blow my theory all to to hell, see if I care
Sponsored Links
Advertisement