NASCAR- The WWF of Auto Racing - Page 3 - Team Camaro Tech
Team Camaro Tech join team camaro

Camaro Parts at SS396.com     
GROUND UP & SS396.com         
Official Sponsor of Team Camaro

Auto Insurance

Registered users (free) do not see these large ads

Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

Old Nov 13th, 12, 07:43 PM
Team Member

Jerry R.

Default Re: NASCAR- The WWF of Auto Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Harrison View Post
I was the race in Phoenix and it was a sell out.
Did you see mbrekke ( mark ) there ?
he and his wife went, I think he,s still out there.

http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/h...naflowclip.mp4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 13th, 12, 08:53 PM
Senior Tech

67 Camaros Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr68 View Post
Did you see mbrekke ( mark ) there ?
he and his wife went, I think he,s still out there.
No but tell him to PM me if they are coming to Tucson
My 67 Camaro Time Line http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=211805
Old Nov 14th, 12, 04:54 AM
Senior Tech

i love it when something like this happens... it brings out all the people that claim that they never watch NASCAR to bitch and complain about it..

i thought it was a pretty damn good race, and i thought that Clint and his crew had every right to be pissed and want to have a "chat" with Gordon after he took them out of potential contention for the Cup over piddly little racing incidents that happen when you race hard.

as someone already said a couple of pages ago- Jeff's glory days are behind him and the big money sponsors and glory are gone. he's no longer the "Rainbow Warrior" with Dupont on his car every week and the best crew behind him, and instead is a relatively old man with the AARP logo on his car. he can still race and he can still win, but he's used to being the alpha male in the Hendrick shop and doesn't like getting the stuff that the 48, 88, 5, 14, 10, and 39 teams don't want and he knows that the only thing keeping him there is his business ties with the Hendrick empire and his (i think) lifetime contract. just wait until 2014 when Harvick joins the extended Hendrick empire in a 4th car over at SHR and they become the dominant team in NASCAR- Stewart, Newman, and Harvick all under one roof mentoring Danica and turning her into a real racer- poor Jeff will be left out of all the fun unless he can pull some real miracles out of his butt and start winning again..

not that anyone will notice Jeff out on the track or really talk about all that other Hendrick related stuff for about the first couple of months of the '14 season, what with all the fan outrage that will boil to the surface when a silver and black #3 car rolls out for the 2014 Budweiser Shootout with Austin Dillon behind the wheel...

wanna hear about 20 years ago when i was too smart to know any better?
Old Nov 14th, 12, 06:22 AM

<Jake 68's Rule

I believe Childress retired the number 3 from Sprint by buying the number for life?
Maybe not, it can always change.

Yes, it was an exciting race, better than most seen this year.
There is Austrailian V8 Supercars, looks like older NASCAR and they make right turns.
Old Nov 14th, 12, 06:24 AM
Gold Lifetime Member

Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by novaderrik View Post
i love it when something like this happens... it brings out all the people that claim that they never watch NASCAR to bitch and complain about it..

i thought it was a pretty damn good race, and i thought that Clint and his crew had every right to be pissed and want to have a "chat" with Gordon after he took them out of potential contention for the Cup over piddly little racing incidents that happen when you race hard.

as someone already said a couple of pages ago- Jeff's glory days are behind him and the big money sponsors and glory are gone. he's no longer the "Rainbow Warrior" with Dupont on his car every week and the best crew behind him, and instead is a relatively old man with the AARP logo on his car. he can still race and he can still win, but he's used to being the alpha male in the Hendrick shop and doesn't like getting the stuff that the 48, 88, 5, 14, 10, and 39 teams don't want and he knows that the only thing keeping him there is his business ties with the Hendrick empire and his (i think) lifetime contract. just wait until 2014 when Harvick joins the extended Hendrick empire in a 4th car over at SHR and they become the dominant team in NASCAR- Stewart, Newman, and Harvick all under one roof mentoring Danica and turning her into a real racer- poor Jeff will be left out of all the fun unless he can pull some real miracles out of his butt and start winning again..

not that anyone will notice Jeff out on the track or really talk about all that other Hendrick related stuff for about the first couple of months of the '14 season, what with all the fan outrage that will boil to the surface when a silver and black #3 car rolls out for the 2014 Budweiser Shootout with Austin Dillon behind the wheel...

I do believe that JG is part owner in the 48 car. So when JJ wins, he wins.

Sold 6-1-2014 after owning the car for 18+ years

69 Z-28 X-77 HO * DZ Put away * M20 * 4.10
406 CI * CC XR274R 236/242@.050 564/570 110 LSA/106 ICL * Brodix IK 200
475 HP, 495# tor
Street Tires, Full Exhaust Sep 07 -12.68 @ 113 MPH * Street Tires, Open Headers Oct 08 - 12.65 @ 116.2 MPH
Old Nov 14th, 12, 06:56 AM

John

Quote:
Originally Posted by satz28 View Post
I do believe that JG is part owner in the 48 car. So when JJ wins, he wins.
JG is the man that moved NASCAR from a bunch of Hillbillies racin to one of the most watched and most lucrative sports venues out there.

When he beat DE he brought a whole new group of fans (including women) into the ranks.

4 Time Champion deserves some respect. At least he made the chase when Edwards and quite a few non-has-beens didn't and except for a few bad breaks he'd be right up there.

You can say he's a has been (what about JR?) but he's still an important factor at Hendricks and in NASCAR.

Nice to see him jacked up about getting roughed up all year but I do agree using the car is just not cool. Would have rather see him do it mano e mano.

Guess the $100K won't put a dent in his lifestyle. And the $ does go to charity.
No. 1: Dale Earnhardt Jr.

$29 million
Hendrick Motorsports
No. 2: Jeff Gordon

$25 million
Hendrick Motorsports
No. 3: Jimmie Johnson

$24 million
Hendrick Motorsports
No. 4: Tony Stewart

$18 million
Stewart-Haas Racing
No. 5: Kevin Harvick

$15 million

69 RS Clone 427/TH400 (SOLD)
67 RSZZ502/5 Speed (SOLD)
69 Camaro 406 SBC/TH400 (SOLD)
Old Nov 14th, 12, 08:24 AM
Gold Lifetime Member

John

Wink Re: NASCAR- The WWF of Auto Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett#2390 View Post
I believe Childress retired the number 3 from Sprint by buying the number for life?
Maybe not, it can always change.
Richard has 'owned' the #3 since the 70's, and campaigned under that number for many of his racing years
Here is his 79 Dayton car - Click image for larger version

Name:	Richard Childress #3 1979 Daytona.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	30853

When he formed his team he still had the number rights and used them for Sr.

btw - RC's grandson is now using the #3
No tellin' if Gramps will let him carry it to 'Sprint' in the future ...

DE-Sr. raced under the 15 and 8 for many years - the reason Jr. drove the 8 until changing teams - when the 8 couldn't come with him, he chose 88 ...
Other V6 things - none of which float
Oh yeah, and 1 "Straight-Six" ...

If a man says something in the garage - and his wife can't hear him - is he still wrong !!!
Old Nov 14th, 12, 08:49 AM
Gold Lifetime Member

Michael Gekko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage 68 View Post
Richard has 'owned' the #3 since the 70's, and campaigned under that number for many of his racing years
Here is his 79 Dayton car - Attachment 30853

When he formed his team he still had the number rights and used them for Sr.

btw - RC's grandson is now using the #3
No tellin' if Gramps will let him carry it to 'Sprint' in the future ...

DE-Sr. raced under the 15 and 8 for many years - the reason Jr. drove the 8 until changing teams - when the 8 couldn't come with him, he chose 88 ...
And he drove the #2 Chevy/Olds for Rod Osterland circa 1979...won rookie of the year and then his first Cup Championship with that team iirc.

He scared the daylights outt of us at the Southern 500 in 1980 I think it was.......after a next to last lap crack up between him, Pearson, and 2 other cars after Kyle Petty blew up he came into the pits just. After they opened the gates for the fans to go down in the infield we went down there and he came by with the front bumper dragging and ran over an air hose.....sounded like a cannon went off,lol.

Land of the Free Because of the Brave

It Takes a Long Time to Grow Old Friends
Old Nov 14th, 12, 09:53 AM
Gold Lifetime Member

Michael Gekko

Quote:
Agreed, I've turned to watching golf for more excitement.
I wonder if Danica and Joanna Long will ever get into a cat fight...
I really like watching golf, the scenery is fantastic-especially in the dead of winter.

I used to play somewhat regularly, but I had to quit playing a few years ago. No health issue or anything like that, it's just the fact that I am far too dangerous to be out on the course.

I can hit the ball 300 yards straight ahead or 425 sideways,lol. And I have hit everything but the lottery while on the links. Houses, cars, golf carts, tractors.......even hit a damn turtle one time. He was on the end of a log in a pond, hell I thought I killed him,lol.

Land of the Free Because of the Brave

It Takes a Long Time to Grow Old Friends
Old Nov 14th, 12, 10:43 AM
Gold Lifetime Member

Vince

"I do believe that JG is part owner in the 48 car. So when JJ wins, he wins"

I have thought they should have docked him 25 points on the 48, that would have really sent a message. He almost took the 2 out with his stupid stunt and the 48 could have had a much easier chance to catch the 2 in points.
1967 Camaro Convertible ordered from Spain docs
1969 Camaro cpe with POP-for sale
1969 Camaro cpe 57K orig mile w/window sticker &POP
1999 Southwind 32V
2000 Tundra V8 4WD
2002 Sequoia Limited 4WD
2008 Tundra bigger V8 4WD
Old Nov 14th, 12, 12:00 PM
Senior Tech

Steps

Quote:
There is Austrailian V8 Supercars, looks like older NASCAR and they make right turns.
U guys get that series over there... and Bathurst?
Ambrose is an ex Aussie V8 champ.
Often wonder how things would go... maybe a PR marketing thing... where in the off season, some of the NASCAR guys come over and compete...even at bathurst.
2 Events Australasia stops for... the Melboune cup and Bathurst...both about HP.
Old Nov 14th, 12, 01:20 PM
Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanor's Nemesis View Post
I really like watching golf, the scenery is fantastic-especially in the dead of winter.

I used to play somewhat regularly, but I had to quit playing a few years ago. No health issue or anything like that, it's just the fact that I am far too dangerous to be out on the course.

I can hit the ball 300 yards straight ahead or 425 sideways,lol. And I have hit everything but the lottery while on the links. Houses, cars, golf carts, tractors.......even hit a damn turtle one time. He was on the end of a log in a pond, hell I thought I killed him,lol.
:-)

We'd make a hell of a pair on the course.....most frustrating 4 hours a person can spend with themselves. I nught as well putt with a brick on a stick.
Old Nov 14th, 12, 02:40 PM
Gold Lifetime Member

John

Quote:
There is Australian V8 Supercars, looks like older NASCAR and they make right turns.
Oh the "COT" (Can't Obviously Tell - what's it's supposed to be ) cars
They were cute - Click image for larger version

Name:	NASCAR COT car.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	30855

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanor's Nemesis View Post
And he drove the #2 Chevy/Olds for Rod Osterland circa 1979...
I saw one of his cars at a shop in San Jose years ago.

And before Richard or Dale drove a #3 it was run by none other than the GREAT Junior Johnson
Other V6 things - none of which float
Oh yeah, and 1 "Straight-Six" ...

If a man says something in the garage - and his wife can't hear him - is he still wrong !!!

Last edited by Vintage 68; Nov 14th, 12 at 02:50 PM.
Old Nov 14th, 12, 08:06 PM
Senior Tech

Richard Childress has said in no uncertain terms that Austin Dillon will be in the 3 when he goes to Cup full time in a couple of years. he might change the shape of the number, but it's his number to do with as he wishes. but seeing the way no one has really freaked out too badly over the 3 in the Nationwide series, i don't think it will be too traumatic once the old timers let go. this is why Harvick is jumping ship at the end of next year- and i think the reason he sold his Nationwide and Truck teams to RCR at the end of the 2010 season. it was a part of the process of cutting his business ties with RCR (he got all the equipment from RCR and served as satellite teams for them like SHR does with Hendrick and KBR does with JGR). Kevin knows that RCR is being geared towards Richard's grandkids like DEI was supposed to be for Dale Jr and his siblings so he is moving on before he gets pushed out- and i think he'll be right at home with Stewart, Newman, and Patrick over at SHR since they all seem to be old school racers.

Old Nov 14th, 12, 08:18 PM
Senior Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steptoe View Post
U guys get that series over there... and Bathurst?
Ambrose is an ex Aussie V8 champ.
Often wonder how things would go... maybe a PR marketing thing... where in the off season, some of the NASCAR guys come over and compete...even at bathurst.
2 Events Australasia stops for... the Melboune cup and Bathurst...both about HP.
the V8 Supercars are going to be at the new F1 track in Austin, TX next year... i've watched them a few times and i don't see what the big deal is.. yeah, it's ok racing, but i can't tell who is who and i cant' find any really good technical info on the cars beyond "they have small block V8 engines and sequential manual transmissions"..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement