Registered users (free) do not see these large ads

Build Projects follow along start to finish

Old Nov 3rd, 12, 02:15 PM
Senior Tech

67 Camaros Rock

Default Re: My 67 Camaro time line.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangcamaro View Post
I haven't commented on a post in awhile but stop in to read every now and then. I have to compliment you on how beautiful this car turned out!
Thanks Chris...noticed your in AZ....we are new here. I have no idea where Pine Top is but I have heard of a cruise or car show there that is supposed to be a big one.
My 67 Camaro Time Line http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=211805
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 3rd, 12, 04:42 PM

<Jake 68's Rule

Looks nice, Grampa, and the wheels look awesome, as the rest of the Camaro.

I offer this on your brakes, as they sit, the forces upon them, the wheel cylinders with the shoe return springs, and calipers with the square ring seals, force the pistons inward.
So the first time you step on the brakes, your pushing out the pistons.
Happens all the time on my vehicles. I've put into the start-up routine to press the brake pedal once and it is good for the rest of the week, yes, week.
Old Nov 3rd, 12, 06:00 PM
Senior Tech

67 Camaros Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett#2390 View Post
Looks nice, Grampa, and the wheels look awesome, as the rest of the Camaro.

I offer this on your brakes, as they sit, the forces upon them, the wheel cylinders with the shoe return springs, and calipers with the square ring seals, force the pistons inward.
So the first time you step on the brakes, your pushing out the pistons.
Happens all the time on my vehicles. I've put into the start-up routine to press the brake pedal once and it is good for the rest of the week, yes, week.
Messing with them and bleeding I have great peddle now....with the car off. Start it and the peddle goes to the floor? I am thinking I might some booster issues now??
Old Nov 5th, 12, 10:50 AM
Gold Lifetime Member

Todd

Awesome thread and details Joe. ...and congrats on becoming a Grandpa! Your '67 has taken on an entirely new appearance. Looks great! Was it originally a bench seat car? I noticed the column shifter. Amazing transformation and story behind it. Thanks for sharing...

Helpful build pics+tips from my restoration:
http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/m...ro%20%20SS350/
My build thread:
http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=146455
Old Nov 17th, 12, 08:22 PM
Senior Tech

67 Camaros Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6781camaro View Post
Awesome thread and details Joe. ...and congrats on becoming a Grandpa! Your '67 has taken on an entirely new appearance. Looks great! Was it originally a bench seat car? I noticed the column shifter. Amazing transformation and story behind it. Thanks for sharing...
It was a bucket, no console column shift car. It's funny you noticed, I was going to put a console in it. I had a 2002 Camaro console installed with the shifter and parking brake and decided it was not for me. So I then started looking for 67 console. A friend had one and fit it in the 67 and I just could not do it. I have 2002 Camaro seats in it and I really like them but I just wanted to be different and stay with the cars original no console roots. I do have B&M floor shifter and might go Lokar at some point??? I am keeping the 2002 seats....see post below, we like em!!

Last edited by Joe Harrison; Nov 17th, 12 at 08:48 PM.
Old Nov 17th, 12, 08:47 PM
Senior Tech

67 Camaros Rock

The wife, myself and our middle son (27 years old and 6' 4"...LOL!!) rode around the neighborhood in the Camaro today, I put maybe 3 miles on it. I just had the exhaust put on and we were setting of car alarms all over the place. I love it and the wife was laughing my son was laughing we all had a great time. To think it was only about 3 miles......it seems like many more, what a day, what an experience.

When I first bought this 67 Camaro I got it running and the wife and all the kids and I cruised it as soon as we could. At the time the kids were little, we had 4 of them in the back seat (easily done in those days) I wish my other son and two daughters were here for this one. This old car after more than 7 years of being apart and only driven 3 miles today is making family memories again. We had plenty of man what a day!!! I think my smile is still million miles wide.....

Sorry no pics or video.......we were all riding in the Camaro!!!!
Old Nov 18th, 12, 06:28 AM
Gold Lifetime Member

Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Harrison View Post
The wife, myself and our middle son (27 years old and 6' 4"...LOL!!) rode around the neighborhood in the Camaro today, I put maybe 3 miles on it. I just had the exhaust put on and we were setting of car alarms all over the place. I love it and the wife was laughing my son was laughing we all had a great time. To think it was only about 3 miles......it seems like many more, what a day, what an experience.

When I first bought this 67 Camaro I got it running and the wife and all the kids and I cruised it as soon as we could. At the time the kids were little, we had 4 of them in the back seat (easily done in those days) I wish my other son and two daughters were here for this one. This old car after more than 7 years of being apart and only driven 3 miles today is making family memories again. We had plenty of man what a day!!! I think my smile is still million miles wide.....

Sorry no pics or video.......we were all riding in the Camaro!!!!
Very cool Joe. I bet you can't wait for the next drive!

My slooow build thread http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=180476
Old Nov 18th, 12, 07:04 AM
Gold Lifetime Member

Michael Gekko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Harrison View Post
Thanks Joe......I think the best decision I made was staying with 15 inch wheels. Best way I can put it......the wheels give it that look and just seems to date it or keeps it with that older style. I think the color gives it a modern tone.

Joe, your car looks great...congrats to you and I agree with you on the wheel and tire combo. Fantastic!

Land of the Free Because of the Brave

It Takes a Long Time to Grow Old Friends
Old Dec 1st, 12, 09:17 AM
Senior Tech

67 Camaros Rock

I got the charging system working now it's time to get a few of my aftermarket gauges working, the grounds done and head lights working.

Just to get some lights in the tail lights I used amber bulbs. I noticed when switching back to the regular white bulb that there was no difference in the brightness of the light.

What I did notice is the amber bulb gives a more balanced and fuller light in my tail lights. I am running RS lens's (Non RS) that are smoked and still have nice bright lens at night and during the day.
Old Dec 3rd, 12, 08:00 PM
Senior Tech

67 Camaros Rock

Drove it to work today about 14-15 miles round trip, was pretty fun but some people follow way to close so at a red light I was forced to put up a little smoke screen between us....LOL!!!

That is the first time I have really jumped on it and WOW!!! the bottom end is very good and she still turned them a little after I hit 2nd (auto trans) with B&M quick silver shifter.

I honestly think I will need a trans, this one seems to act up a little. It's a stocker turbo 350 I got for free from a running but not drivable car years ago. It has not had fluid in it for years until just month or two ago. I put in a TCI 1800-2000 stall converter, maybe it's the stall that seems to act up now and then but I am not sure. It just seems to be hesitate going into reverse sorta like it's low on fluid??

Any how todays Camaro experience was tons of fun!!!
Old Mar 3rd, 13, 01:43 PM
Senior Tech

67 Camaros Rock

Been chasing some leaky valve covers, I have votec heads with trick flow adaptors to run my older valve covers. Boy it's been total pain the butt....I have side that has stopped leaking. The drivers side still has small leak. The adaptor kit says not to use any sealant/silcone but that is what I have had to do to get them to stop leaking. Will need to remove the drivers side again and redo the RTV. You have to seal the head to the adaptor and them seal the adaptor to the head.

I will give it one more try and if I can't make it happen then I will be putting on my old votect basic black valve covers.

Trying to keep this look

A new favorite snap shot from today after a 20 miles drive.....this is when I found the dang valve cover leaking. I let it idle for about 30 minutes and never saw anything until after I cruised it.

Will also be converting to a cable throttle very soon.

Old Mar 3rd, 13, 02:54 PM
Gold Lifetime Member

Chris

Looks good Joe! Glad to hear you are driving it. It has come a long way since I saw it in 2002 LOL I am about 4 months out from coming back to the states, can't wait to drive mine.
Old Mar 3rd, 13, 03:20 PM
Senior Tech

67 Camaros Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by 130fe View Post
Looks good Joe! Glad to hear you are driving it. It has come a long way since I saw it in 2002 LOL I am about 4 months out from coming back to the states, can't wait to drive mine.
If you come through the Tucson base here let me know!! Not driving it for while will get to you

I was so glad to just drive mine around the block for the first time it was just like a just bought it
Old Mar 10th, 13, 10:02 AM
Gold Lifetime Member

Alex Manz

Hey Joe...I found your thread after you posted on mine. Wow...great story about your San Diego Camaro. Your coupe is now flat-out beautiful and looks mean, and the transformation is amazing. I was surprised to see that much rust on an El Cajon Camaro...maybe it lived for awhile in Ocean Beach? Great that you found a decent body man in Chris...these days it's difficult to find a good one to do work on a classic car. BTW, I was stationed in San Dog at 32nd St Navsta from 1979-1984 (destroyer sailor) and bought a couple of RS Camaros there (a '67 with a 327/3-spd manual from "Manilla Mesa" for $1,200 in '79, and a '68 with a 327/4-speed from Santee for $2,000 in 1982 ). I foolishly sold the '67 to a fellow shipmate in 1981 and it became a drag car somewhere around El Cajon, and the '68 was wrecked on hwy 78/79 near Julian after attempting a 25 mph curve at 60 after too many beers...it went sideways into a pine tree. Looking forward to future posts on this thread. Best regards...
Old Mar 10th, 13, 11:21 AM
Senior Tech

67 Camaros Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68SixBangerRS View Post
Hey Joe...I found your thread after you posted on mine. Wow...great story about your San Diego Camaro. Your coupe is now flat-out beautiful and looks mean, and the transformation is amazing. I was surprised to see that much rust on an El Cajon Camaro...maybe it lived for awhile in Ocean Beach? Great that you found a decent body man in Chris...these days it's difficult to find a good one to do work on a classic car. BTW, I was stationed in San Dog at 32nd St Navsta from 1979-1984 (destroyer sailor) and bought a couple of RS Camaros there (a '67 with a 327/3-spd manual from "Manilla Mesa" for $1,200 in '79, and a '68 with a 327/4-speed from Santee for $2,000 in 1982 ). I foolishly sold the '67 to a fellow shipmate in 1981 and it became a drag car somewhere around El Cajon, and the '68 was wrecked on hwy 78/79 near Julian after attempting a 25 mph curve at 60 after too many beers...it went sideways into a pine tree. Looking forward to future posts on this thread. Best regards...
Thanks for the compliments, I love the fact you know "Manilla Mesa"... great food around there though!! If your going to do anything to your 67 that I have some shots of or did to mine feel free to ask, why how or where did that come from.

San Diego is a Datsun town. Plenty of nice Z cars and 510's running the roads there. Now you know where my love of those cars comes from, Jim Wolf Racing in El Cajon was the hook up back in those days.

Around that time in San Diego did you ever see the 67 convertible that was completely chrome? The entire car body was chrome, I was told it was done at Lemon Grove Plating.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement