1967 Deluxe Door Jamb Switch - Team Camaro Tech
Team Camaro Tech join team camaro

Camaro Parts at SS396.com     
GROUND UP & SS396.com         
Official Sponsor of Team Camaro

Auto Insurance

Registered users (free) do not see these large ads

Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

Old Nov 30th, 12, 06:37 PM
Senior Tech

Default 1967 Deluxe Door Jamb Switch

Did a search but couldnt find the answer. Does a 67 rs/ss with deluxe interior use the one or two terminal door jamb switch? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 30th, 12, 07:25 PM

Brian

Default Re: 1967 Deluxe Door Jamb Switch

You need both. Maybe
The double spade is drivers side and pass side is single in vehicles 67 to 70 something where you either have Key Minder on the horn relay or you have optional courtesy lights.

I would think for an 67 RS/SS you would use the dual but I'm basing that on that I have a 69 with key minder. You can use the dual spade and only power one leg.
Old Nov 30th, 12, 09:25 PM
Senior Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69-Pace View Post
You need both. Maybe
The double spade is drivers side and pass side is single in vehicles 67 to 70 something where you either have Key Minder on the horn relay or you have optional courtesy lights.

I would think for an 67 RS/SS you would use the dual but I'm basing that on that I have a 69 with key minder. You can use the dual spade and only power one leg.

So then, if I have no courtesy lights (and 67s didnt have key minders?), I would only have/need the single terminals on both doors?

But if I wanted to add courtesy lights, I would need one double terminal on the driver side and single on passenger side? I ask this because I am trying to add them.

Thanks
Old Nov 30th, 12, 11:06 PM
Gold Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam1967rsss View Post
So then, if I have no courtesy lights (and 67s didnt have key minders?), I would only have/need the single terminals on both doors?

But if I wanted to add courtesy lights, I would need one double terminal on the driver side and single on passenger side? I ask this because I am trying to add them.

Thanks
On the stock wiring harness of a 67 SS/RS you should have a connection for the courtesy lights behind the left kick panel. The door jamb switch on the drivers side only has one terminal. The picture below shows the door jamb switch and the courtesy light connection. Most of the suppliers sell a courtesy light kit that just plugs into that connection.
Sorry the picture is on it's side. The top is to the left.

Roger
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Switch & connection.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	31149  
Old Dec 1st, 12, 07:04 AM
Senior Tech

Scott

Quote:

Thanks
I'm assuming you are referring to the deluxe interior sail panel lights. Besides the door jamb switches, there's a connector in the trunk on the taillamp harness that leads to the sailpanel lights. If referring to U29 option(underdash courtesy lights), there is a taped up orange glove box wire for that.
67 Door jamb switches are the same whether SS, RS, deluxe or standard int, or optionless car.
Old Dec 1st, 12, 08:11 AM
Gold Lifetime Member

Tom

I added under dash courtesy lights and the socket was available exactly like in Roger's photo(his shows courtesy harness connected). I don't know how you could live without these lights! I guess if you never drive your car in the dark. But they are great to have.
Old Dec 1st, 12, 09:18 AM

Brian

Was Camaro the only GM line that did not put at least a center roof dome light in all coupes as standard equipment? Or were the sail-panel light the base for coupes - I always thought they were optional upgrades to the base dome light. ?

I'm a vert guy and the three you get - two under dash and rear console are really not enough to read a map by LOL
Old Dec 1st, 12, 10:37 AM
Gold Lifetime Member

Tom

Don't know exactly but my car had only sail panel lights and the console rear light - no dome light. Those cast all the light into the back seat and are pretty useless. I guess the sail panel lights are part of the deluxe interior package and a dome light is standard interior lighting.
Old Dec 1st, 12, 11:22 AM
Gold Lifetime Member

Fred

Speaking of dome lights, I replaced my wimpy original with one from a 74 Pontiac. It has those focus-lenses with individual switches and bolted right in. I can't remember for sure but I think no extra wire is needed to make them work with the dome light off. OK, I'm sure. My headliner has never been removed. Of course the original bulb is still in there. We don't want to mess with karma.
Also, get the courtesy lights. Well worth it. The original option included the trunk light and under hood light too. Not sure about the rear console light, it was probably included with the console. The courtesy light option was $5.95 retail. (with a standard interior)
RS SS Hugger Orange, L88, 4:10's tru-tack posi, ducted hood, Endura, spoilers.
TH400 (CX) with Coan 8" converter, GV-OD, 8 track still on console and best et 10.495, 128.79mph 1.428 60'
All with 1960's stuff. (except tires and converter)
+ MT Super Scavenger headers & 3" full exhaust with X pipe.
1000cfm AED and HD Harold-Lunati SR, 725 lift with shaft rockers too.
http://epitomesrebuild.com/
http://ss427.net/
Old Dec 1st, 12, 04:20 PM
Senior Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron67MM View Post
67 Door jamb switches are the same whether SS, RS, deluxe or standard int, or optionless car.
Which would be the 2 terminal for the drivers side and single terminal for the passenger side correct? Anyone know if rock auto sells both type? They have three to choose from but make no mention if they are 1 or 2 terminal type...
Old Dec 1st, 12, 05:30 PM
Senior Tech

Scott

Quote:
Which would be the 2 terminal for the drivers side and single terminal for the passenger side correct?
No. Look at Roger's pic. Single terminal. Pass side has separate white wire feeding it. Switches are self adusting just in case you did not know. They slide within a barrel.
Old Dec 1st, 12, 05:55 PM
Senior Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron67MM View Post
No. Look at Roger's pic. Single terminal. Pass side has separate white wire feeding it. Switches are self adusting just in case you did not know. They slide within a barrel.
Got it now, thanks. Heartbeat City lists a 67 as using either the 2 or 1 terminal which was confusing me...
Old Dec 1st, 12, 06:19 PM
Senior Tech

Scott

Common parts store item.
Old Dec 1st, 12, 06:29 PM
Senior Tech

Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69-Pace View Post
Was Camaro the only GM line that did not put at least a center roof dome light in all coupes as standard equipment? Or were the sail-panel light the base for coupes - I always thought they were optional upgrades to the base dome light. ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose RS View Post
Don't know exactly but my car had only sail panel lights and the console rear light - no dome light. I guess the sail panel lights are part of the deluxe interior package and a dome light is standard interior lighting.
Sailpanel lights are only a '67 deluxe application.
Old Dec 1st, 12, 07:34 PM
Gold Lifetime Member

Quote:
Got it now, thanks. Heartbeat City lists a 67 as using either the 2 or 1 terminal which was confusing me...
I can see why you could be confused. I found another supplier that offers a two terminal switch for a 67. I notice in another thread you said you rewired your car with a AAW kit. If you rewired your car it is hard to say which switch you need.
The thing is the door switches just grounds that white wire to turn the interior lights on. If you only have one wire coming out of your harness then you may need that two terminal switch. The white wire would connect to the switch and then you would need another wire going from the driver's door switch to the passenger door switch.
The stock harness had two white wires coming from it which go to each door switch. So the stock switches just had one terminal.

Roger
Advertisement