Team Camaro NFL Pick 'em Season #3 Join Us. - Page 34 - Team Camaro Tech
Team Camaro Tech join team camaro

Camaro Parts at SS396.com     
GROUND UP & SS396.com         
Official Sponsor of Team Camaro

Auto Insurance

Registered users (free) do not see these large ads

Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

Old Dec 3rd, 12, 09:00 AM
Senior Tech

Royce

Default Re: Team Camaro NFL Pick 'em Season #3 Join Us.

Sean,

Great win for the Haws I didn't pick them because I thought they would have a rough time travelling across country and playing outside against a pretty good Bears team. That one cost me.

I went back and forth on the Colts pick, I try hard not to be a "homer", I thought it would be a close game and that they would lose, so I took the points and gave it a whirl. I am very happy they pulled it off. They still need a lot of work on defense and you aren't going to win many games with 3 int's. I am happy they have 8 wins at this point (I was hoping they would have 8 all season), but they will be a quick out in theplayoffs if they don't tighten up a few things.

I hate the Cowboys!, I knew 9.5 points were too many in a divisional game, but the Eagle have really looked terrible. I picked the Eagles originally and then 20 minutes before kick-off I switched my pick (I know better and I told myself never do that). Well with 2 minutes left in the game I am looking like a genius, until Dallas punted the ball aarrrrrggg, can someone please make a tackle? Nope there goes the point spread.

Casey, Drew Brees is a very good QB and I have always liked him, I thought he got a raw deal in San Diego and glad to see him shine in N.O.. No QB is going to look good when he is under pressure as much as Brees has been the last few weeks. He's on his back often.
(brief sound/video clip, 3 1/2" exhaust through Borla Sportsman mufflers)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 3rd, 12, 12:28 PM
Senior Tech

Sean

That was a huge win for the Hawks Royce, they had to have it to get a shot at the postseason.
I went through the picks yesterday and I was the ONLY guy that picked them, I had to laugh and I don't blame anyone. My reasoning was there though (not being a homer is REALLY tough..lol), I felt like the probablity we would lose was good, but it was going to be closer than 4 points. A loss is a loss but those road games we lost have all been by less tha 5 points, so I was gambling a bit.
The other thing is we own Chicago in the regular season at Soldier field as of recent games. Just another reason I gambled on them.
That and they play up to better oponents, it drives me crazy.

Hopefully the Colts can improve on some of those araes, I know the Seahawks have some spots like that, offensive line still needs work. The Colts really are playing with heart it seems though, thats big.

I hate the Cowboys even befor that game, lol. I picked Philly right off and had second thoughts, I literally was going to change the pick and when I went to look at the pickem board it was locked, done deal.
The first 3 qtrs I looked like a genious, then Philly just fell apart. I really wanted them to win by the end of that game. You can imagine when Philly returned that kick how happy I was.

And Casey, as much fun as it is to rile you up, I feel your pain, and your right, Brees is a great QB. I don't care who they are they will have bad throws and bad games. I have been watching our rookie QB all year and he has just literally improved every game, but if he makes one questionable throw they are all over him for making a "rookie" mistake. They ALL make mistakes, the good ones just do it way less than others.
The Saints will be contenders next year, I think they may want to look at the D coordinator a bit though, nice guys I think, not sure about the coaching..

1968rs former 406 sbc, now a 354" SB2.2 pump gas motor

"I aint never seen talking win me nothin'" -Marshawn Lynch
Old Dec 5th, 12, 10:09 PM
Senior Tech

Sean

Ok since Casey quit getting on here and posting Saints videos, I have one.
It's tough to watch so I appologize in advance..lol , but it's pretty stinking funny.

I see the family resemblance. I'm waiting for the next lesson Jim, I believe the subject they will be discussing is IRONY....

Old Dec 6th, 12, 09:23 AM
Senior Tech

Royce

Oh my goodness, that video is bad all the way around. First I has the relive the nightmare of when he was the Colts QB, then his HORRIBLE acting on top of it.

What did I do to deserve that Sean? LOL

I sure hope Alex Smith doesn't see that video.
Old Dec 6th, 12, 11:16 AM
Senior Tech

Don

Heya Royce, what do you think about Peyton as the league MVP?
Don ~ TC Member #15 ~ http://www.flickr.com/photos/46701464@N06/sets/
Old Dec 6th, 12, 02:19 PM
Senior Tech

Sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroman7d View Post
Oh my goodness, that video is bad all the way around. First I has the relive the nightmare of when he was the Colts QB, then his HORRIBLE acting on top of it.

What did I do to deserve that Sean? LOL

I sure hope Alex Smith doesn't see that video.
LOL, I know Royce, I appologize. I was actually thinking about you when I saw it... I should have thrown a disclaimer up there so you didn't have to watch it, ha.

"Being a hero is not about waht you do on the field, it's about who you are...in here"

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Hows that working' out for ya Jim?

Old Dec 6th, 12, 06:59 PM
Senior Tech

Royce

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZ430DropTop67RS View Post
Heya Royce, what do you think about Peyton as the league MVP?
I don't think he has earned it this year. He's playing pretty good, but he is also in a very weak division. He has a lot of interceptions.
Old Dec 7th, 12, 07:58 AM
Senior Tech

Royce

Maybe come back player of the year, but not MVP (unless they go to the big dance).

Well the Raiders keep proving to be worse than I give them credit for. I thought they would at least keep it to within 10 points. Looks like a few of us bit on the points.
Old Dec 7th, 12, 08:15 AM
Gold Lifetime Member

John

Thumbs up Re: Team Camaro NFL Pick 'em Season #3 Join Us.

Wow - that video explains two things in my life that just became clear ...
1.) - why I didn't watch much TV in the 70~90's
2.) - why I wasn't a Colts fan

Thanks for the insight Sean

On another note - how 'bout them Colts
Luck has to be one of the best rookies to come along in a long time - specially for Indy.
Looks like a good game coming this weekend against TN.
I'd like to see Luck look more for his younger receivers like LaVon during this game, that will really get TN back on their heels trying to cover ...
If they can get a few good games in against Houston they just might ...
Other V6 things - none of which float
Oh yeah, and 1 "Straight-Six" ...

If a man says something in the garage - and his wife can't hear him - is he still wrong !!!

Last edited by Vintage 68; Dec 7th, 12 at 08:29 AM.
Old Dec 7th, 12, 08:16 AM
Senior Tech

Sean

I agree, manning is looking good but not MVP good yet, if he takes them all the way then it would be tough not to give him the nod. But Tebow took them to the playoffs last year right?
Their division is bad, I think it will be very interesting to see how/if they step it up in the playoffs. Getting out of the AFC could be a challenge.

The Raiders are really bad, most of them look like they just cashed the season in, I saw guys arguing with Palmer and just generally not happy, thats never good. What is it with the Raiders, they have been a trainwreck for awhile now.
I was pretty confidant laying the points on Denver this time, I thought it would be more of a beating actually.

Old Dec 7th, 12, 08:27 AM
Senior Tech

Sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage 68 View Post
Wow - that video explains two things in my life that just became clear ...
1.) - why I didn't watch much TV in the 70~90's
2.) - why I wasn't a Colts fan

Thanks for the insight Sean

On another note - how 'bout the Colts
Luck has to be one of the best rookies to come along in a long time - specially for Indy.
Looks like a good game coming this weekend against TN.
I'd like to see Luck look more for his younger receivers like LaVon during this game, that will really get TN back on their heels trying to cover ...
If they can get a few good games in against Houston they just might ...
Don't mention it John .

Luck is pretty impressive, and so is RG III. Luck needs to reign in the INT's a bit, but you know he will. They are starting to compare this years group of Rookie QB's to some of the best. Pretty cool to see really.
What I love is Russell Wilson is in the conversation now, after all the haters saying he was too short, the Seahawks were fools to draft him, then that they were fools to start him, etc.
I love it (1) because I'm a 'hawks fan and (2) because I love seeing all the "experts" eat crow. They are even throwing his name out there for ROY, which I think might be a stretch, but he's been really impressive. The rookie QB that gets deepest into the playoffs will probably win it. There are some really good rookie defensive players this year also.
I admit I was skeptical at first, but the first time I saw him play I was impressed, he has an amazing work ethic and does not make a ton of rookie mistakes. And I swear you never see him make the same mistake two weeks in a row. Pretty amazing, I love the look of this young 'hawks team!

Old Dec 7th, 12, 05:59 PM
Senior Tech

Royce

Colts look ok, but I am not getting too excited, they have exceeded my expectations, so every win from here on out is a bonus. I just don't think they have the defense to hang with any of the real good teams in the league. With a rookie QB not matter how good he is, you need a defense to help you win games. He is going to make some mistakes.

RG III is an amazing talent, super fast, rocket for an arm and accurate. He is in a tough division and takes too many big hits, not going to last very long like that. Some of that is on the coaches, they need to get him under control. Early in the season I felt the Redskins had too many loses for him to be in the running for ROY, but they are turning the season around, we'll see how it plays out.

Russell Wilson is not getting the credit he deserves, but he is forcing them to open their eyes. He has a LOT of talent and is smart, he doesn't take too many hits. They have played a pretty tough schedule and still have a winning record. It's only fair for him to be in the running for ROY, but since he wasn't a well known coming into the season and plays in a smaller market, he will get over looked. If the season ended today I would say the ROY (as far as QB's go) would be between Wilson and Luck. Stats don't mean anything if you're team is not winning IMO.

Denver is in a soft division and Peyton knew that (he's no dummy), but they are really starting to look good as a team. The rest of the NFL is going to have a tough time hadling them come playoff time once they gel a little more. The defense is decent, that's not something Manning never really had with the Colts. He still just doesn't look good in that darn orange and blue, but I want him to do well.
Old Dec 9th, 12, 09:42 PM
Senior Tech

Sean

Wow got hammered in the pick em this week, what a crazy week.

And to think, I had to think twice about laying 11 on the 'Hawks....

Old Dec 9th, 12, 09:55 PM
Senior Tech

Sean

I agree about Wilson Royce, he has played amazing the last few weeks, literally getting better before our eyes. He's super mobile but avoids taking big chances on getting hit, will run but is pass first, and is just insanely level headed, cool as ice. It's funny because at first the locals where kind of divided Flynn/Wilson, but thats gone now. I knew he looked impressive in preseason and figured the coaches knew and just sat back and watched.

I think he will be a great QB and I know I'm excited about watching him, and so are all the fans around here. I sometimes get irritated with the lack of press the 'Hawks get, but I'm also used to it. It still makes me crazy listening to the announcers from time to time but I just find it that much more enjoyable when they are wrong...

He will probably get some more attention now, and if he takes the 'Hawks into the playoffs people will definitely notice. But at this point, even if we just miss the playoffs I'm feeling good about the hawks future, I won't be happy.... but I still like the looks of things to come.

Did you see that hit RG III took? Shanahan is a fool if he doesn't get that into check in my opinion. A QB can only do that so many times.

Old Dec 10th, 12, 12:22 AM
Senior Tech

Don

Casey,

I sent you a private message about that bet you made back in PRE season in your thread..what's up wit it man?
Btw. 8 losses means your season is DONE. Karma can be a pain when you run your mouth. Who dat?

PayPal to uraceulose@gmail.com
Advertisement