Team Camaro NFL Pick 'em Season #3 Join Us. - Page 43 - Team Camaro Tech
Team Camaro Tech join team camaro

Camaro Parts at SS396.com     
GROUND UP & SS396.com         
Official Sponsor of Team Camaro

Auto Insurance

Registered users (free) do not see these large ads

Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

Old Dec 24th, 12, 12:20 PM
Senior Tech

Sean

Default Re: Team Camaro NFL Pick 'em Season #3 Join Us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey0272 View Post
Sean must still be out celebrating the big win last night I can't for him to log in and give us his recap.

I have to hand it to Seattle--that defense looked awesome last night. And I can't say enough about the offense and Wilson and how they handled the 49ers. Coach Carroll really had them up for last night. Did you see the big smile on his face after that blocked punt? Priceless.

This could be the team to play in the Super Bowl. I already have one foot on their bandwagon.

By the way, I'm speaking for all of us TC Pickers...happy birthday, Jim Harbaugh
Ha. no just a nice (mostly) quiet night at home last night, although I was celebrating!

I was loving that game, but was holding my breathe too waiting to see if the Niners got some steam. But everytime they put togother a drive the Seahawks stopped them. They only got into the end zone during garbage time really, the hawks held them to 6 points for awhile.

I figured there would be some of the talking heads discounting the win somewhat but so far I have not heard anyone say anything but the Seahawks are looking tough right now (except for Mike of course... ). The defense has been up and down this year but they have been solid, and they seem to be picking up steam. And heck, we are playing 5th-6th stringers on defense due to some injuries and Browners' suspension. They look pretty deep right now.
The offense has been improving steadily, what can you say about Russell Wilson? He has really done one heck of a job as a rookie, I look forward to watching him for years to come. (Casey do you still think Flynn ws the better choice?)

I'm not going to get on here and predict a Superbowl or anything like that, there are way too many games to go and the NFL is far to unpredictable, but I'm not going to lie, I feel pretty good about my 'Hawks for the rest of the season and seasons to come!

And by the way Casey, the bandwagon door is open so feel free to jump on, heck last night Micheal Irvin had a 12th man jersey on..

1968rs former 406 sbc, now a 354" SB2.2 pump gas motor

"I aint never seen talking win me nothin'" -Marshawn Lynch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 24th, 12, 12:22 PM
Senior Tech

Sean

And by the way Royce, congrats on the Colts getting in! You have to be feeling pretty good about that. Awesome job by their rookie QB.
Maybe it will be a Colts/ Seahawks superbowl...Lol who would have even joked about that the beginning of the year.

Old Dec 24th, 12, 12:25 PM
Senior Tech

Sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich69RS/SS View Post
Sean, big game today for the birds. Did you get a chance to watch the Washington-Boise St. bowl game ? That QB (Price) on Washington was impressive but I was pullin' for the Bronco's (son lives in Boise) but it was a good game that came down to a field goal and if you follow Boise St. you know it's not a sure thing in the kicking department. As a Raiders fan I'll say JUST WIN BABY !! (please).
Yes I did Rich, I was bummed they lost. Price looked better last year, their O line has been really pourous this year and he has been forcing some throws and not quite as accurate as he was. He is still pretty young though. Our kicking has been sketchy all year too.

Old Dec 24th, 12, 12:54 PM
Gold Lifetime Member

Mike, 69's rule

Sean, the Niners were beat far and square last night, but the Niners looked tired and didn't seem to be really fired up...I am worried about all the injury's over the last 2 games...especially Smiths...that line is not quite the same without him... Sure, the Niners had something to play for but, as we all saw last night, they didn't play like it...I am sure we will take care of the Cards at the stick next week...I would bet that Green Bay will have trouble with the Vikings in Minn, as well...It's going to be tough for the Seahawks to win on the road in the playoffs, we will see...

1969 Camaro
1990 IROCZ28 convertible
2004 Silverado Z71 4x4
1981 Mazda RX-7
GGSMU member
http://www.ggsmu.com/
Old Dec 24th, 12, 12:59 PM
Gold Lifetime Member

Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuma View Post
Sean, the Niners were beat far and square last night, but the Niners looked tired and didn't seem to be really fired up...I am worried about all the injury's over the last 2 games...especially Smiths...that line is not quite the same without him... Sure, the Niners had something to play for but, as we all saw last night, they didn't play like it...I am sure we will take care of the Cards at the stick next week...I would bet that Green Bay will have trouble with the Vikings in Minn, as well...It's going to be tough for the Seahawks to win on the road in the playoffs, we will see...
NE runs an avg 62 off plays. When SF played them they ran 92 plays.

Sold 6-1-2014 after owning the car for 18+ years

69 Z-28 X-77 HO * DZ Put away * M20 * 4.10
406 CI * CC XR274R 236/242@.050 564/570 110 LSA/106 ICL * Brodix IK 200
475 HP, 495# tor
Street Tires, Full Exhaust Sep 07 -12.68 @ 113 MPH * Street Tires, Open Headers Oct 08 - 12.65 @ 116.2 MPH
Old Dec 24th, 12, 01:14 PM
Senior Tech

Sean

I know what you are saying Mike, but the Seahawks are also really thin on defense right now. One of our best corners is out, they just put one of the best pass rushers on IR last week, and you may have noticed a guy by the name of Jermaine Kearse on the field, Kearse is a rookie practice squad guy filling in for injured players, and we are 5-6 deep now in places on the D line due to injuries. I was actually worried about the injuries but didn't want to get accused of "making excuses".

I know how the Niners looked as the game went on, but I think you may be overlooking the fact that the Hawks jumped on them hard and fast, dictated the pace of the game and had Kap looking confused and well, like a rookie.
C link is a brutal place to play for an away team, and they let the Niners know about it yesterday.
I think saying they were not "in the game" somewaht by choice is very much incorrect, I think they got taken out of the game by a Seahawks team hitting their stride that came in with something to prove. If harbaugh didn't prepare his guys for C link thats on him, if the Niners came in on cruise control, thats on the team. I just don't think that was the case, they just got it handed to them. Betting oin the fact they will thump the Cards at home (which they likely will) and not playing hard against the hawks is a bad game plan.

I was as comfortable with this game as I could be (knowing the Niners are a really good team), but they barely beat us in Candlestick and our offensive line is worlds apart from back then.

I'm not fool enough to predict the Hawks to hand it to every team like the last 3 games, but I also feel a whole lot better about their chances and future, seeing how they have grown over the last season.

Old Dec 24th, 12, 05:59 PM
Senior Tech

Royce

The Seahawks are the hottest team in the NFC and probably the NFL right now. Can't deny that. Wilson should be rookie of the year, the only way he doesn't get it (in my mind) is if, the other 2 rookie QB's do something amazing in the playoffs and he falls off. If the vote were today Wilson deserves to win it hands down.

I am happy to see the Colts do as well as they have. I am very realistic though, they are a decent team, they beat the bad teams, and hold their own against the average teams, but I don't think they have what it takes to compete with the elite teams in the NFL, yet. The defense is still far too weak for my liking, the offense does enough to get the job done. I doubt they get out of the 1st round of the playoffs. If they beat the Texans this week, I might change my tune.

I said at the beginning of the year if the Colts went 8-8 I would be happy and if they made the playoffs it would be like a Super Bowl win. I am happy with the season and they won more games than I expected. Luck is playing well and proved me wrong (glad to be wrong in this case).
(brief sound/video clip, 3 1/2" exhaust through Borla Sportsman mufflers)
Old Dec 24th, 12, 06:01 PM
Senior Tech

Royce

I also owe Flacco and apology, he played lights out yesterday. Maybe the offensive coordinator was the problem. He has looked terrible most of the season, but yesterday the Ravens looked pretty darn good. Hard to judge when playing the Giants because they are all over the map and have looked real bad the last couple weeks.

Great season so far in the NFL and I think the playoffs are going to be awesome.
Old Dec 25th, 12, 04:00 PM
Senior Tech

Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
Priceless was the look on all the AINTS fans faces when they officially got eliminated from the post season yesterday at about 3pm.
Jonesy...Had this one made especially for you by the members of the WHO DAT NATION. Merry Christmas

Old Dec 25th, 12, 04:02 PM
Senior Tech

Casey

The Saints' season was over with...weeks ago. But never fear...the 2013 season is near. From the Mouth of the South.....

Old Dec 26th, 12, 07:38 AM
Gold Lifetime Member

Bill

Dang the Hawks look good! Would be nice to to see the Pats beat them in the big game
Old Dec 26th, 12, 09:40 AM
Senior Tech

Royce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calpantera View Post
Dang the Hawks look good! Would be nice to to see the Pats beat them in the big game
The Pats will have to play better than they did against Jacksonville or they won't even be close enough to WATCH the big game let alone play in it.
Old Dec 26th, 12, 01:22 PM
Senior Tech

Sean

What ever it takes to get Seattle in the Superbowl, I'm good with..

The Pats are going to have their hands full with Denver, the defense is looking really good and they can rack up the points if need be just like the Patriots.

The reality is I was pretty amazed at how the Patriots looked against SF in the first half of that game, they really looked ragged but I figured it may have just been one of those games nothing goes your way, then they played Jacksonville awefully close. But the second half they started getting it done against the Niners. Over the past 6 quarters of football the niners have been outscored by a huge number, maybe it's just a hiccup for them, but this is a bad time of the year for that...

Last edited by 68rs406; Dec 26th, 12 at 01:39 PM.
Old Dec 26th, 12, 01:42 PM
Senior Tech

Kevin

The Patriots need to get their stuff together if they're going to hang with Denver. The defense was making big strides until the last 2 weeks, when they took a giant step backward. I still say Denver and Seattle in the Superbowl, and I think Denver will prevail. Peyton has been beside himself since little brother got a second ring last year. He's probably taking a lot of crap at family gatherings so he's on a mission to prove who's the best QB in the family.
Old Dec 26th, 12, 07:16 PM
Senior Tech

Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepsinshed View Post
The Patriots need to get their stuff together if they're going to hang with Denver. The defense was making big strides until the last 2 weeks, when they took a giant step backward. I still say Denver and Seattle in the Superbowl, and I think Denver will prevail. Peyton has been beside himself since little brother got a second ring last year. He's probably taking a lot of crap at family gatherings so he's on a mission to prove who's the best QB in the family.
Don't count Brady out for nothing. Almost always, the bigger the game, the better he plays. Too soon to say who will be in the Super Bowl.

Interesting season (unless you're a Saints' fan)
Advertisement