GROUND UP & SS396.com         
Official Sponsor of Team Camaro

Auto Insurance

Registered users (free) do not see these large ads

What's it worth? & ebay discussions

Old Jan 5th, 13, 07:45 PM
Senior Tech

Default Re: Is this a good deal?

Don't over think this too much. If you like it buy it. You could spend the next three or four years chasing one of these down.
Advertisement

Old Jan 5th, 13, 09:11 PM
Gold Lifetime Member

Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SLOW64 View Post
those "Z" stripes should easily ad 5K to the price....

Well, likely a little less than that, especially considering they rounded them off instead of correctly running them all them fully across in front.

ps. my 69 is an M20 and I absolutely love the taller gears/shifts for driving.
Old Jan 6th, 13, 08:51 AM
Senior Tech

thefley

Buy it, good deal, you couldn't restore it for that price, even if it was a 6 cyl car. Damn good deal

Pics of my 68
Old Jan 6th, 13, 06:28 PM

Doug

Well, I went and looked at another 69 today. the guy wanted 27500, not even close to the one for 25000. It needed paint ( 20 yrs old) both doors had major bubbling ( rust), trunk pan had been fiber glassed and the engine compartment was the worst, interior was wore. The only thing it had going for it was it had a big block. I've been looking ALL over the internet and I dont know how some of you guys can say that 25000 is too much unless yourstill living in the 80's. Go price em and you'll see what I'm talking about. So for you guys who seem to think thats too much..... I think your full of BS and dont really know what yourtalking about. Hell, you probly dont even own a car! To the guys who seem to understand, ....Thank You! You guys are the "Real Car Guys".
I'm gonna do what ever I want.......sorry!
Old Jan 6th, 13, 07:02 PM
Gold Lifetime Member

Rick

Well my 2 cents worth. I was looking for a solid 69 camaro or a 66,67 nova. May be different in here in Canada. For the almost two years I was pondering prices were pretty stable then ln the fall they jumped about 5 thou, putting what I was after out of reach in the 25 thousand range. I found this sweet 67 older restoration that needs some work for 19 thousand and figure if I waited until spring it may be out of reach so I pulled the trigger and bought. I figure the dealers are taking over the hobby, grabbing anything decent and jacking the prices up !!!
Old Jan 6th, 13, 08:28 PM
Gold Lifetime Member

Mike, 69's rule

IMHO, looks like a real solid car...Buy it and start enjoying it now...pay a little less for another and possibly spend more garage time and $$ working on it and not out there cruising, trolling for chicks...

1969 Camaro
1990 IROCZ28 convertible
2004 Silverado Z71 4x4
1981 Mazda RX-7
GGSMU member
http://www.ggsmu.com/
Old Jan 7th, 13, 04:16 AM
Senior Tech

Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuma View Post
trolling for chicks...
Hey watch it
69Z28-Cross-ram Orig Engine Pro-Touring
69 Nova L34 Father/Son & 69 Nova L78 Survivor
Our 68Z Restoration http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=182584
Old Jan 7th, 13, 04:24 AM
Banned

Chet

Now all of a sudden you cop a 'tude? What's that all about? Many in this thread told you to quit obsessing and buy the car, that it was a good deal. You chose instead to listen to the "numbers-matching resto-nuts" about what it could be worth, blah, blah.

Listen up. Unless it's a numbers matching car with a desirable engine/tranny combo, it has zero investment value. You found a non-numbers matching car that was done right, drove right, and looked right and you fretted and stewed about it like a little old lady whose cat was lost. Then you look at a car for more money that was a P.O.S. and then get mad at us? Whatever. Hope the seller of the car found another buyer or goes back to his $30K price so you learn a lesson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goud69 View Post
Well, I went and looked at another 69 today. the guy wanted 27500, not even close to the one for 25000. It needed paint ( 20 yrs old) both doors had major bubbling ( rust), trunk pan had been fiber glassed and the engine compartment was the worst, interior was wore. The only thing it had going for it was it had a big block. I've been looking ALL over the internet and I dont know how some of you guys can say that 25000 is too much unless yourstill living in the 80's. Go price em and you'll see what I'm talking about. So for you guys who seem to think thats too much..... I think your full of BS and dont really know what yourtalking about. Hell, you probly dont even own a car! To the guys who seem to understand, ....Thank You! You guys are the "Real Car Guys".
I'm gonna do what ever I want.......sorry!
Old Jan 7th, 13, 08:02 AM

Doug

Hey rockin daddy.....I wasnt venting about you! Just a select few. Sorry for venting, some people just rub me the wrong way.
Old Jan 7th, 13, 08:18 AM
Tech Team

John

IMHO any nicely done V8 '69 Camaro will bring $20K or better. Start stacking on $$ for desired "collector" traits. The one you're looking at is just a '69 Camaro which makes it pretty cool, but there's no collector premium. Base your decision on the condition and how much you like the car.
Old Jan 7th, 13, 12:49 PM
Team Member

Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric67 View Post
I figure the dealers are taking over the hobby, grabbing anything decent and jacking the prices up !!!
I'm afraid you're right about that. Add to that the flippers that are buying anything less then decent, loading them up with Bondo, hitting 'em with a rattle can paint job and flipping for as much as they can get.
327 / 380 hp, 350 Trans, 12 Bolt Posi 4.10 Rear, Double Hump 64cc Chamber Angle Plug Fuelie Heads, 10 to 1 Pistons, Lunati Cam, Hooker Super Comp Headers, Flow Masters, MSD Ignition, 4 Core Radiator, 17" Torq Thrust Rims
Old Jan 7th, 13, 02:52 PM

Doug

Yeah, I think you guys are right. If this was the car I wanted I would have bought it on the spot. This car is not the one. Sure, it's clean and nice but it just doesn't grab me, if you know what I mean. I am going to look at a car my buddy found. 1968 RS (real deal) with very low mileage. Can't wait to check it out! I love the RS!!!!!
Old Jan 7th, 13, 03:01 PM
Gold Lifetime Member

Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by goud69 View Post
Yeah, I think you guys are right. If this was the car I wanted I would have bought it on the spot. This car is not the one. Sure, it's clean and nice but it just doesn't grab me, if you know what I mean. I am going to look at a car my buddy found. 1968 RS (real deal) with very low mileage. Can't wait to check it out! I love the RS!!!!!
Yep, understand. Good luck on the search.

Sold 6-1-2014 after owning the car for 18+ years

69 Z-28 X-77 HO * DZ Put away * M20 * 4.10
406 CI * CC XR274R 236/242@.050 564/570 110 LSA/106 ICL * Brodix IK 200
475 HP, 495# tor
Street Tires, Full Exhaust Sep 07 -12.68 @ 113 MPH * Street Tires, Open Headers Oct 08 - 12.65 @ 116.2 MPH
Old Jan 7th, 13, 03:11 PM

Doug

I'll stop cryin like a girl now!!!!! LOL
Old Jan 7th, 13, 08:47 PM
Senior Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim69 View Post
I'm afraid you're right about that. Add to that the flippers that are buying anything less then decent, loading them up with Bondo, hitting 'em with a rattle can paint job and flipping for as much as they can get.
Well Jim I think you have pretty much summed up the reality of the market out there. Unfortuneately most people have not realized it yet.
Advertisement