how do i find out my member number for my ground-up discount?? - Page 2 - Team Camaro Tech
Team Camaro Tech join team camaro

Camaro Parts at SS396.com     
GROUND UP & SS396.com         
Official Sponsor of Team Camaro

Auto Insurance

Registered users (free) do not see these large ads

Camaros.net Site Help Discussion Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

Old Jan 29th, 13, 08:52 AM
Retired

Dennis

Default Re: how do i find out my member number for my ground-up discount??

If you want your membership number PM "Administrator" Cayne is able to get it for you...

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 29th, 13, 09:00 AM
Retired

Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave69rag View Post
When I inquired about my membership number this is the response that I was given:

"Hi Dave! Thank you for your ongoing support on the community! Regarding you membership number we are still sorting it out and generating new numbers since the old owner unfortunately did not leave a list behind of the numbers he made up."

I guess that they have the number issue resolved?
Who told you that? Shortly after the site ownership changed (2008/2009 I think) hands the Auto Forums guys made spread sheet's into pdf's for the moderators... That didn't last because memberships were added 1 or 2 at a time and it was too much work to generate new lists because typically the new members were the ones asking...

Old Jan 29th, 13, 09:05 AM
Gold Lifetime Member

David

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjD View Post
If you want your membership number PM "Administrator" Cayne is able to get it for you...
Thanks for the information.
Old Jan 29th, 13, 09:06 AM
Retired

Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue89bird View Post
fwiw ground up has never asked me for my member number. The discount is also 10% which is the same discount you get if you order online and they don't combine them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HwyStarJoe View Post
I've never been able to get GU to honor the discount using my member number.
Go figure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue89bird View Post
NM I read that wrong. I don't use ground up anymore after they refused to make good on an order they screwed up. I was speaking of D&R. Ground Up (when I used to use them) used to say "you're a paid member" and I said yes and they'd discount it.
***I try to be factual when I pass on info... Quote from Member Area about Ground up
Quote:
To receive this discount;
Members need to tell the salesperson, at the time of order that they are a Team member and give the salesperson their Team #, at the time of order. We cannot assume you are still a valid Team Member even if you used the Team Discount on your previous order.
Here's the full page; http://www.camaros.net/forums/view.p...liers_groundup

And here's the info for Year One;
http://www.camaros.net/forums/view.p...pliers_yearone

Old Jan 29th, 13, 09:24 AM
Gold Lifetime Member

David

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjD View Post
Who told you that? Shortly after the site ownership changed (2008/2009 I think) hands the Auto Forums guys made spread sheet's into pdf's for the moderators... That didn't last because memberships were added 1 or 2 at a time and it was too much work to generate new lists because typically the new members were the ones asking...
Dennis,
I am sorry if I offended you (or any other administrator) with my post. That was not my intent - I was just passing on some information that was given to me when I inquired about my membership #. As for where I got that information, it was sent to me via a PM on March 5, 2012 from the Administrator authored by "Cayne".

David
Old Jan 29th, 13, 09:32 AM
Retired

Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave69rag View Post
Dennis,
I am sorry if I offended you (or any other administrator) with my post. That was not my intent - I was just passing on some information that was given to me when I inquired about my membership #. As for where I got that information, it was sent to me via a PM on March 5, 2012 from the Administrator authored by "Cayne".

David
Dave you didn't offend me! I didn't mean to come off that way, I am frustrated that you would be told what you were and now to here it's coming from our contact person for the site owners it is even more frustrating!

This is so simple, all the AF folks need to do is issue the membership number when they confirm the membership and put the money in the bank! It's been suggested more than once!

Maybe Cayne was new and didn't know any better, I'll contact him and see if we can get a resolve...

Old Jan 29th, 13, 11:22 AM
Administrator

Al McKenzie

Quote:
"Hi Dave! Thank you for your ongoing support on the community! Regarding you membership number we are still sorting it out and generating new numbers since the old owner unfortunately did not leave a list behind of the numbers he made up."
Thanks for posting that Dave, I appreciate hearing things said behind my back by those who are entrusted to running things now.

Total and complete BS. They received a complete and accurate membership list with all the instructions (damned simple ones) on how to manage it, but noooo... it's easier to blame me and Dot?

The quote from the members area about requiring the # when ordering is most likely accurate as nobody from AF has updated those pages ( or much else in 3 years ).
Geeesh, seeing the site neglected is frustrating enough, without taking the blame.Al

Last edited by Al; Jan 29th, 13 at 11:38 AM. Reason: got a little hot-headed
Old Jan 30th, 13, 08:51 AM
Administrator

Hi Al, my sincere apologies as I didn't mean it like that and I was unaware when I took over the old admin that I replaced. I'm sorry it came across like that as I didn't mean to put the blame at all on anyone but myself and once again I apologize. I've been trying my best to take care of all the site issues brought to me as quickly as I can and I'll be sure to get this membership numbers sorted out.

Cayne
Old Feb 2nd, 13, 03:40 PM
Senior Tech

67 Camaros Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al View Post
Thanks for posting that Dave, I appreciate hearing things said behind my back by those who are entrusted to running things now.

Total and complete BS. They received a complete and accurate membership list with all the instructions (damned simple ones) on how to manage it, but noooo... it's easier to blame me and Dot?

The quote from the members area about requiring the # when ordering is most likely accurate as nobody from AF has updated those pages ( or much else in 3 years ).
Geeesh, seeing the site neglected is frustrating enough, without taking the blame.Al
BUY it back Al....BUY it back!!!! PLEASE...buy back all the Team Sites!!!!!!
My 67 Camaro Time Line http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=211805
Old Feb 2nd, 13, 03:53 PM
Gold Lifetime Member

Robert

Good idea Joe. Maybe we could all take up a collection. And not that it matters but I wonder if the member # in my sig that I was once given is really valid.
TC member #18
Sponsored Links
Advertisement