Team Camaro Tech banner

Length of temp switch wire 69 Camaro

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  click 
#1 ·
OK, I have but one thing left to do to my original harness (1969) to make it right. One of the members at CRG graciously sent me an old connector and terminal for my temp sensor (no gauges). I took it apart so I could attach it to my green wire with the sheathing.
When I installed the new green wire in the harness, I purposely made it just a little too long. Now, I need to know the length of that wire from where it leaves the main harness to the terminal at the temp switch.

Any help appreciated.

#2 ·
I have a 69 console delete Z "no gauges except tach" and my wire is 22" and 5/8 to the tip of the connector.

#4 ·
Well, I see the mods moved this to electrical. Reason I posted in resto is that most guys just won't care about little details like this if it is not a restoration.

Anyway, thanks for the help. Consider myself very lucky to have scored this terminal and connector from a friend on the CRG site. Guess sending off free stuff to other guys has created some positive Karrma. Very cool.

Here are pics. To my knowlege this off white terminal is not reproduced. Because I still have an original sender, I didn't want to butcher the original harness. I unwrapped the whole harness to replace the entire green wire (I hate hidden splices, although sometimes it is the best we can do). After Keith gave me the correct dimension, I was able to dismantle the old terminal and connector, solder it on my wire and put it all back together.
It is the little details like this that are keeping me from finishing the car. I am hoping to drive it in March.

Attachments

#6 ·
Dan, why would us Mods know anything about a new wiring harness? The company that makes them should know. I moved this thread as I thought that all the folks that have played with their wiring, like me, would be coming to Elec. section, whether to resto or just repair wires. It worked out for Lynn, so mission accomplished. But us Mods dont know everything about everything, we just try to keep things in some order for future searches. Sorta like keeping all the soup cans in the same cupboard in the kitchen :)

#7 ·
Jim, Hope you don't think I was being critical. I wasn't. That is one of the problems with keyboard communication. The tone doesn't always come through.
I realize sometimes there is a fine line distinguishing the "correct" forum. I had no problem with it being moved, was just commenting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.