Team Camaro Tech banner

Found my broadcast sheet

7K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  Frosty69 
#1 ·
It was on top of the gas tank in my '69 Van Nuys built Camaro. It is not in good condition but I could make out at least partial codes for most of it. Now, like so many before me, I'm wondering what all these codes mean. Can anyone help me with a few of them?

Engine RPO box 155 - R
Transmission bix 151- Looks like C (car has a TH350)
Low volume options box 169- B and 170 - 0 (Car does have power windows)
Air cleaner box 180 DD
Engine Harness box 252- ED

Not numbers matching but I think this was originally a L65 350 (production date is 1/15 which matches the 01C on the trim tag) but the boxes with the engine codes are not legible. Is there anything else that could help verify this?

Any way to figure out what the original carburetor was from boxes 178-183, or somewhere else?

Thanks in advance for any help!

#5 ·
Thank you Kurt!! Sadly Box 176 can't be read at all. I'm not sure if my car is in the database or if you even work on that. If you do and want more information I'm more than happy to share.

Can't help with decoding the broadcast sheet, but.......
Congratulations on finding it!!!!!! :beers:
Thank you Tim. It is kinda exciting.

#4 ·
Our cars are very close and similar. My sheet that is under the tank is still there (this one came out of the interior) & the car is all original (just one repaint 25 years ago). Check out to see if the options match up. L65, TH350, Rally Sport.

#6 ·
Our cars are very close and similar. My sheet that is under the tank is still there (this one came out of the interior) & the car is all original (just one repaint 25 years ago). Check out to see if the options match up. L65, TH350, Rally Sport.

Alex, they are similar! Based on your sheet I think I can confirm some codes that were fuzzy. I used adobe to mark the differences, boxes I covered over and left blank are the ones I couldn't read. AC is one difference, I wonder what the other ones mean.

Attachments

#12 ·
I wish I could post a picture! All you would see is a brown mess. I took lots and lots of close up pictures to preserve what info is there. I'm afraid there is not much hope for the document itself.

Thanks for the link!

#14 ·
Unfortunately we may never know what ALL of these things are on the Chassis and Body Broadcast Copy sheets. But, most of the important things have been figured out.

For those that have a "build sheet" for their car, realize that you are lucky.

#16 ·
Unfortunately we may never know what ALL of these things are on the Chassis and Body Broadcast Copy sheets. But, most of the important things have been figured out.

For those that have a "build sheet" for their car, realize that you are lucky.
Sadly Bryon you are right there are probably many things we will never know. I am very lucky to have what I have and I hope I didn't come across as ungrateful. I hate to ask someone else to take their time decoding the sheet so I've tried to do as much research as I can. These were just the curiosities I didn't think I could figure out on my own. I understand not wanting to have all the info out there but if you don't ask you are sure to not get an answer.

Im not sure if this has been shown yet but check it out for yourself. RPO numbers. :)
I had to save it to my decktop before it would open.
Jim, I think I did see this awhile ago but never had a copy to save. Thank you!

#20 ·
I figured and my response was intended to be general as well. You know us ladies, we tend to ramble too much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.