Team Camaro Tech banner

69 cowl induction throttle arm

4K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  Steiner 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I have an original 6 cyl car that now has a SB 400. I bought all the components to make the cowl induction hood operational but I am not sure how the throttle arm attaches to the accelerator pedal. I am currently running a throttle cable and the accelerator rod that goes through the support bracket mounted on the firewall is not long enough to mount the throttle arm to. It is barely long enough to put the E-Clip on. Do I need a different accelerator setup or will this even work with a cable setup? I'm stumped on how to attach this arm to the pedal.

#2 ·
#9 ·
You shouldn't need to weld anything. The new throttle arm (under hood) just clamps to the new accelerator rod. Then you need the linkage and little bushings for a few bucks to connect between the carb and new throttle arm. You will no longer use a cable.

If you wanted to retain the six cylinder accelerator rod and cable operated throttle, you could use a nitrous throttle switch mounted inside the car instead of the one that mounts using the new cowl induction throttle arm, and not use the new arm at all. All you're looking for is a switch to make under full throttle.

#13 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.