Team Camaro Tech banner

Prostreet Guys - What air pressure should I run for cruising?

12K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  69bigblok 
#1 ·
Need some help and opinions on what tire pressure I need to run in both my front and back tires on my prostreet 69 camaro.

My back tires are Hoosier Quicktime 31x18.5x15

My front tires are Mickey Thompson 26x7.5x15

I have a big block with iron heads. No AC. 4 link rear with coilovers, stock front a-arms with cut coils. Battery is in the trunk with a fuel cell. Full interior with a roll cage. All steel body including hood. That should cover most of the heavy items.

Other than max pressures on the side of the tires I really have no idea what pressure to run.

My car is used for cruising at a decent clip on secondary roads on the way to work mostly.

What tire pressure you all recommend for best handling/performance??

Thanks!
(see my sig if you need to see a pic of the car)

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks Dave.

I guess that is where I'm not sure of what is recommended because there is no door sticker/rec pressure based on the car wt, etc like you'd normally see on the door jamb sticker for the daily beater. All I have is the max pressure on the side of the tire to go off of. For example the rears say 30psi max and I'm running 20 right now so that sounds in line with what you said I think. Fronts say 60psi max and I'm running 45psi. On my other typical vehicles that seems to be the case of the recommended amount being a fair amout less than the max.

I guess you might be saying the tire manufacturer would have a recommended amount? I could check their websites I guess then.

I was thinking since the prostreet set up might be a bit different that you guys may have found the pressure you like best to run in fat tires/skinny tires.

#5 ·
Thanks Dave.

I guess that is where I'm not sure of what is recommended because there is no door sticker/rec pressure based on the car wt, etc like you'd normally see on the door jamb sticker for the daily beater. All I have is the max pressure on the side of the tire to go off of. For example the rears say 30psi max and I'm running 20 right now so that sounds in line with what you said I think. Fronts say 60psi max and I'm running 45psi. On my other typical vehicles that seems to be the case of the recommended amount being a fair amout less than the max.

I guess you might be saying the tire manufacturer would have a recommended amount? I could check their websites I guess then.

I was thinking since the prostreet set up might be a bit different that you guys may have found the pressure you like best to run in fat tires/skinny tires.
Chad,
I run the maximum pressure in both the front and rear tires. I tried to run less than the maximum in the rear tires and that felt like I was driving on ice!!!!!....not a very good feeling :noway:.

David F.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.