Team Camaro Tech banner

Motion Car Prices in the Dumper? 1969 ZLX 1971 Chevelle-No Buyers Ebay

31K views 115 replies 19 participants last post by  JOE58 
#1 ·
The current owner from NJ keeps listing these cars over and over on Ebay. Hes been lowering the reserve but no biters on the Hook. The 71 Motion Chevelle Ebay just ended not one single bid. Could Joel Rosen's cars not be that desireable any more?

#80 ·
Ricky,Do you think the Barrett Jackson Show is the Real World prices? So LS6 owners are gonna think their cars are worth $200,000.00 and the 1969 Copo 427 m22 Camaros are worth $115,000.00,does that make pure "Common" sense? Is there something different about this BJ Show then your non auction seller to buyer collector cars? Remember the 1969 ZL1 vin number that was sold there,the vin had the paperwork to back it up that it was a real ZL1 vin,but it was a very well known issue car that the owner tried selling it privately for a while.You see when you buy direct from the buyer and at his house you have time to do your own inspection on paperwork,car body,drivetrain etc.You can usually get the owner to put the car on a lift for you to examine the car with your own eyes.You need time to know what your buying not Fast And Furious like the BJ Show. Its a great show and I enjoy watching it but is it reality TV?

#81 ·
The Yenko site has a thread about the $105,000.00 Barret Jackson sold yesterday 1969 Copo Camaro.Seems theres a $10,000.00 Selling fee which brings it to $115,000.00. Seems its a Automatic on the column with a Green interior. 98% of guys into these cars want the 4 speeds but will buy a automatic car cause it sells for less.I see they mentioned it didn't have the original "Born With" L72 427/425HP by info someone posted.I wonder if the Turbo 400 trans and BE were "Born With " items on this Copo? Anyone know?

#82 ·
Barrett Jackson is a FORD Mustang show. They fawn over every one that comes up, and Camaros go by without much fanfare. I love the nerve of Craig Jackson, and Steve Davis blatantly trying to sell Jackson's Mustang as the most valuable muscle car on the planet. At his own show! Then pulls the plug at 1.8 million. He even said to the public if I don't get more money it will stay in my garage.

#87 ·
got a couple pix from a friend @ R/S so it was there...guess it didn't meet reserve. Seemed to be a lot of really good cars there so maybe it got lost in the shuffle or owner just wants too much for it (like in a previous ebay ad)

still think it would be a better car if it'd been done back to it's race configuration painted white and lettererd up...that's the way it left Motion, right? Painting it back to it's original HO is just the way a more recent owner thought it should look like...poor decision IMO

#89 ·
Wow just saw this posted in the classified section on Yenko.net. Posted on 2/18/2013 by Yenko member serbigblock.--1969 Motion ss427 4 speed Corvette for only $25,950.00 or best offer.Shows a picture of a nice 1969 Blue in color Motion 427 4 speed Corvette.Car is in Connecticut. Looks likes Joel Rosens Motion Car prices have really tanked!! Theres a phone number in a 203-X50-9369.

#90 ·
The 69 Vette on syc is not documented as a motion built car, Dan. The seller has had many B/M cars go thru his hands, including the 67 Chevelle and the Vette you found in NJ that turned out to have been B/M... later traded for the Maroon Scuncio copo. He apparently has (or had) NICB access and the ability to run vin #'s and ID cars sold at Baldwin, Curry etc

#91 ·
Jude Charle Beal bought the 67 Motion Chevelle off the Guy who put it on Ebay 10 Years ago.I rememberd it on Ebay and he had a reserve of $95,000.00 I believe.The ebayer was NOT John Serbigblock you speak of.Nobody hit the reserve on the 67 Motion Chevelle so Charlie made a deal to get it.Yes I did see the 67 Motion Paperwork with original owner Charlie Masons name on it from CT.Car was in need of everything but still there was the body.As far as the 1969 Monaco Orange Corvette I went to see in Dayton NJ back in 2007.I passed on it cause there was no tank sticker and nothing solid to look at as far as owner history.The son who I never met that inherited it from his Dad tried like hell to get Joel Rosen on board,but Joel was being Joel again.I could of bought the 1969 Monaco Orange ss427 Tri Power Vette for $25,000.00.It needed body work and motor and trans were gone. Do I believe what I saw was a Motion Vette,YES!! I just didn't want to deal with the Motion Drama that suronuds these cars depending on whos hands their in. John the State Trooper from CT sirbigblock has access to the NICB,but is it Verble or on Actual NICB paper.The only person I know that actually had it on NICB paper was Rich Pern of LA.He had access to the NICB and displayed the actual report on this Team Camaro site years ago.People put too much weight on Verble NICB reports. I talked to John sirbigblock years ago which is April of 2001.Thats when John sirbigblock ran a ad in a NJ/CT/NY Special Interest Vehicle Newspaper for a 1969 Camaro that had No Docs .Heres the actual ad from page 15 April 4 2001 Special Interest Vehicles. "1969 Chevy SS Camaro,big block shell ,Dytona Yellow 4 speed possibly Baldwin Motion car $5000.00 or best offer (203-379-70XX.John had no buyers on this basically Unibody only 1969 Camaro with vin number 124379N708332. Cowel tag on Unibody was ST69 TR711 PNT 76 76 10E X22 D80. I called John and suggested he run a NICB and he did.He then ran a NICB and said it came back to Baldwin Chevrolet.He then listed it on ebay on July 30th of 2001. His seller name was serbigblock and at the time zero feedback.Ebay number was 593856247.He listed a reserve with it being $36,000.00,yet no buyers.Again Charlie Beal buys the Unibody 1969 Camaro after Ebay auction ended with NO Buyers.I have this and more to back up what I said.You see for some it is and others it is not. Motion cars are Drama cars to say the least.Joel needs to stop the game playing ,hes only ruinning it for his past.Whats real when who has it in their hands ,Drama Baby!

#92 ·
As an FYI, we are working on hosting another "Motion Madness" Reunion for the 2013 Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals show, November 23-24. If you own or know of any REAL Baldwin-Motion cars, please let us know. bashton426@gmail.com

This is an excellent opportunity to see the real cars and talk to the owners, along with the guys who made it happen "back in the day". Stay tuned....

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

#94 ·
Holy Crap Martyn Schorr just endorsed a RM built Motion Vette when New!!! I just saw it over in the Motion Section of Yenko.net. Car is from PA originally. They finally admitt there wasn't just BM Built Motion cars. Car is awesome to say the least.I wonder how the Factory Warranty was dealt with since the car was new and came in from another Dealership? Vette is probably the Only Known RM Built Motion Vettes?

#95 ·
RM auctioned it off in 2005, it was sold at Reedman in PA and delivered as a new car to Motion...that's why Marty explains that it's not a Baldwin Motion.
One of the reasons your Nova has been discounted as a 'real vs maybe' Motion has been because of the distance of where yours was sold new, in NJ. Now we know that new cars were pulled from dealers even farther away and taken to JR. I'd say that's good news for you and some other fella's

#96 ·
Jude I've been saying this for the past 10 years that Joel Rosen made Baldwin Chevrolet famous,Baldwin Chevrolet did NOT make Joel Famous.Joel likes money and ran a heck of a HIPO business known for his fast cars whether it be a Camaro Nova Corvette Biscayne or Chevelle.He pushed his abilitys to Baldwin Chevrolet since they were local to his Motion Performance Shop.Easy access to local Chevys.That being said Baldwin Chevrolet was a extremely small Chevrolet Dealership,Not much on site inventory like Reedman Chevrolet in Langhorne PA,Wallace Chevrolet in Linden NJ,Malcholm Konners in Paramus NJ,Baste Chevrolet on Sunrise Highway LI,Curry Chevrolet on Long Island,Hory Chevrolet on Long Island, just to name a few.There was time schedule for motors,GT nose Conversions,added HIPO work,Phase III wrap around stripes with center stripe,Fiberglass hoods,Corvette side exhaust systems,Fender flairs,Slant rear windows,Change of paint,Rim and tires....Joel personally told me HE did Dealership transfers and pulled from Chevrolet Dealership inventorys as far away as Reedman Chevrolet in Langhorne PA for his HIPO Magic Motion work.I thank Marty Schorr for finally coming out on the Yenko.net site and endorsing this RM (Reedman Motion) Motion 427 Corvette ! If you go to Joel Rosens New Motion Blue book that Marty Schorr wrote go to page 79 bottom of page where he mentions Malcolm Konners in Paramus NJ "one" of the largest Corvette Dealers in the Country! Did they pull Corvettes from there for Motion Performance Upgrades and work? Common sense tells you YES! Anyway the Yenko boys will love this statement,theres a picture onthe internet of Yenkos inventory lot showing lots and lots of Copos,wheres a picture of Baldwin Chevrolets inventory lot?? No bodys got one like that for Baldwin Chevrolet...Think about it...

#97 ·
I don't think that green Motion Corvette was built by Motion in 1969 but was done early 1970s.
I saw the car at Carlise when the 2nd owner brought it there and I was trying to help him with the paperwork and other Motion info. He was new to the Motion cars at that time.

Some of the items listed were not available at Motion in 1969.

#98 ·
So Joe hes misrepresenting it for what Your Research you did is saying? How are Motion Cars Diplayed at the MCACN? Are the ones that Joel worked on Brandnew in one Group? The ones Joel worked on a 1/2 year later in another Group? The ones Joel worked on a year later in another Group? Lets talk about the Flint vinned Michigan Catalog Motion Chevelle that was on Ebay how is that Car displayed,Is there a Separate Row for Catalog Built Motion Cars at National shows?

#99 ·
Dan, I had my 1972 Baldwin Motion corvette in the "Motion Madness" display last year, and Motion modified and Baldwin Motion cars were in the same roped off area. I will admit I was skeptical as to whether Joel Rosen had any vintage paperwork in his possession. I can tell you for a fact that he indeed does. I just obtained from him all of the "original" paperwork pertaining to my car. Work orders handwritten and typed, correspondence ( letters ) from Motion and the original owner asking questions, the envelopes letters were in, the actual order form, in house notes, etc. About 20 pieces total. I had copies, but having the originals is icing on the cake.

#100 ·
Dave thats the 72 Motion Car that was Titled (Dominicks name) a Motion Mechanic sold as a used car then I truck driver bought it later and brought it home to Florida. Yeah I remember you and Scott Abott going after Joel Rosen about this one when you sent the money thru the mail to him. Such Drama around most of what Joel Did....I see ya sold the Iowa Motion Parts Car 1969 Chevelle to a guy in AZ.How did you and Joel do on this car? I'm curious because it,only the shadow knows...

#101 ·
Marty is probably just going by what the owner told him.

I am going by memory from about 8 years ago looking over the paperwork that day but I came away thinking it was not built in 1969.

Should be easy to tell by reading over the paperwork.

It has Motion emblems on the car and has the alum finned valve covers which I dont think were installed in 1969.

The 2nd owner told me he was also given the original hood with the car.

It is a beautiful low mile unrestored Motion Corvette with a 482 cu in BB

#102 ·
Joe, I have seen that car as well. It is a beautiful piece.

Dan, you are thinking of the 1973 Motion converted camaro I had about 10 years ago. Guy actually bought it new right off of Joels lot at Motion. Not paper on every car is saved, so owner history, pics, etc. sometimes is all you have. As far as the Motion Chevelle, I believe the guy in AZ received some type of letter. Not sure otherwise what you are talking about concerning the Motion Chevelle? I bought it from a guy in KS who bought it on E-bay. I can tell you that I owned the car for only a few hours until I found out it already had a deposit ( wire transferred ) and bill of sale on it!!

#103 ·
Joe,So your saying because it has the 1970/1971 Motion Finned Valve covers it makes you Suspicous of it being done when New? But couldn't he ordered them in 1970 1971 when he updated to New Motion Items in Joels Motion Catalog? How many Motion Cars That are restored changed some things in the Restoration Shop for better Eye candy look? Like cars that were L72's now L88"s? Or Phase III stripes are applied but never had them,or side pipes and stinger hoods added? Look at the way the Catolog signed off Joel Rosen Chevelle was restored,thats a example of what I'm talking about.

#105 ·
Joe,So your saying because it has the 1970/1971 Motion Finned Valve covers it makes you Suspicous of it being done when New? .
No, I am not saying that. The valve covers, emblems, hood, or anything could have been added later or all done at same time. That was not clear in the paperwork. There was something in the paper work that made me think it was not built in 69.

I know some Motion customers would keep buying Motion parts and adding them as updates or replacements.

The original owner of the 69 Motion Phase III SS396 Chevelle was a long time repeat customer. I know of a Motion Corvette owner who blew the engine and had Joel build and ship him a complete new engine carb to pan.

Many other stories of people adding Motion parts or bringing the car back in to the Motion shop for work.

Looking at the specs on the green Motion Corvette - 482 cu in , Holley 850cfm, 4 speed, 5:13 gears with Hone overdrive.
It must have been one of the quickest and fastest Motion street cars ever sold.

#104 · (Edited)
Dave MotionCorvette,That Chevelle you bought from your friend Chad (Your Prior Business guy on a car) in Kansas City,....well Chad DID buy it off Ebay from a guy in your State you live in of Iowa.Yes Iowa.So you call Chad and bring it back to Iowa,Correct? How does a 76 Suburban 454 motored 1969 Green Chevelle with the original untouched "Born With" GM 308 Open rear Non posi rear,Brandnew SS427 trunk badge ,Motion CD boxes just laying in the engine capartment,New Stinger hood etc car get a Motion Letter,Do you know? I laughed at those freaking funny looking traction bars on that Iowa 1969 Chevelle thingy being a Coil spring car,Joel Always used NMW or Lakewood Ladder bars on Chevelles.Like I said Motion are Drama cars.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.