Team Camaro Tech banner

350 turbo or 350 ss

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  boodlefoof 
#1 ·
what is faster a 350 turbo v8 or a 350 ss and what can i do to raise the horse power on my 350 ss from 295

#2 ·
I don't think chevy has ever put a factory turbo on a 350. You might be thinking of a transmission called a Turbo 350. To up the horses on your engine you can do any number of things, all depends on what you want to spend on it. Exhaust headers are a good move and aren't too expensive.

#3 ·
There is a factory Turbo 301 that GM put in 81 Trans Am's, and they are cool. Unfortunately, they never thought of an intercooler for that hot air.... As for a Turbo 350 engine, nope, just the tranny, a TH-350, which means Turbo Hydramatic -> a nonsensical word GM used to make their trannies name sound cool.

------------------
Brave man not milk bull... only stupid man

#5 ·
You are right about the turbo fire and turbo thrift designations. The higher power ones were called "turbo jet" too.

#8 ·
The Boodlefoof name is a long story that began when I was about 2. Somehow it has stuck with me all these years. Hey, I am not afraid, I played D&D once or twice and my college roommate is addicted to some game called Diablo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.