Team Camaro Tech banner

69 quarter panel side louvres

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Unreal 
#1 ·
I am getting ready to drill holes in my freshly painted camaro to mount my new OER chrome side louvres. I noticed that they don't seem to confirm to the shape of the panel very well. I am afraid that when I snug up the fastners, the chrome louvre will crack, or the panel itself will get a wave. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks

#2 ·
Here's something you might try. Get a cheap compass (not the one you find your way home with)and a sheet of cardboard. Hold the cardboard perpendicular to the quarter panel where the louvre will go. Put a piece of electrical tape on the pointer so it won't scratch the paint or put a piece of masking tape on the quarter panel in a verticle position or both. Spread the compass so that the pointer contacts the panel while the pencil contacts the cardboard. Moving the compass up or down, doesn't matter, draw a line on the cardboard. The line will be in an arc that perfectly matches the curve of the quarter panel. Now compare the curve of the new louvre with the curve on the cardboard. If they are too far off I would send the louvers back. If they are close you should be able to draw it in enough to fit snug against the quarter.

Hope this helps,

John

#5 ·
The louvres fit fine in the top holes but not on the bottom holes. If I snug up the bottom holes, then the top part is twisted. I haven't tightened any of the studs to see if I can take out any of the "twist" yet because I'm afraid of busting the louvre or putting a wave in the panel. I have a 1/4 inch gap on the bottom. Think that will pull in? Thanks for your replys

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.