Team Camaro Tech banner

Goodguys Pleasanton This Weekend?

4K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  Gary L 
#1 ·
It's been pretty quiet about this event. Anyone planning on going? Bringing a car or just hanging out? Looks like the weather will be clear and crisp, just the way my car likes it. The plan is to take the car down early tomorrow (Saturday) morning and spend the day down there. I need to also hit the swap meet for some Nova parts.

Hope to see a few of you there.

#3 ·
Looks like some showers tomorrow :sad:

Have a 'family meeting' with In-Laws tomorrow until mid afternoon - so I imagine it will be Sunday before I can make it down ... :eek:

Pete has some family items that may keep him from going also, he will call by tonight to confirm.
Other's are out of town or going to some sporting events that seem to be scheduled this weekend ...

Let em know what parts you need Royce and I can keep an eye out also or double-check something on Sunday.
Hopefully there not the 'heavy' ones you're know for finding :p

Need some more abrasive roll(s) and such, so hope that guy is there :yes:

#5 ·
I will double check the forecast, if there are showers in it, I will not be bringing the car.

John,

I'm looking for a body bolt kit for the 70 Nova, fender eye brows, a clean set of OEM tail light housings, maybe a set of bumbers (if my buddy will haul them home for me, they won't fit in my Buick).

#7 ·
Pleasanton should be drying out between 6 - 8am if weather.com has the forecast correct. I'll probably be up there Sat by about 9am if it isn't pouring here when I get up. If it is I'll go Sunday... Not bringing the Camaro, just going up to walk the swapmeet and then check out the cars...

I'll keep my eye open for everyone and will be wearing a black jacket with a bowtie and 5 Camaros embroidered on the back...

#11 · (Edited)
You car is awesome Royce, I didn't run into anyone from the site but did run into a lot of other friends I haven't seen in a while. It was sunny and the only reason kept my jacket on was so I didn't have to carry it...

Thanks Dennis. I heard you stopped by and said Hello, I just missed you. Maybe next time. You did run into someone from the site, but neither one of you realized it, lol. That was Dave "Fred Mertz" that was sitting in my chair and that's who you told to tell me Hello.

I didn't know you two had never met. He said "some guy named Dennis stopped by and told me to tell you he said hello". I said oh that was DJD one of the moderators on the site, shortly after that he told me he has never met anyone off of here.

#15 ·
Dang - sounds like you guys had fun :thumbsup:
Would have liked to meet some new T.C.ers :cool:

I knew missing today was a mistake :(
(I did get a 'free lunch' out of it - just cost me $40 ...)
And a dead iPhone - but I figured that one out, so it's okay again. Note to self - don't loan your BIL you iPhone to surf on while your meeting with in-laws ...)

Hope I can get away tomorrow to spend a few hours there.

#20 ·
It was a great show today. Not too crowded but a little chilly. Easy to see all the cars you wanted to see.

I did good. I didn't buy anything at the swap meet.

#21 ·
It was a great show today. Not too crowded but a little chilly. Easy to see all the cars you wanted to see.

I did good. I didn't buy anything at the swap meet.
I agree, probably the best Goodguys I have been to in a very long time. Plenty of cars and people, but not so crowded that you couldn't walk and not so many cars that you couldn't see them all in one day.

The Spring and Summer shows can be a mad house.

#22 ·
I've been pretty lax on checking about GGs. Let's try for March!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.