Team Camaro Tech banner

68 Door and rear quarter glass molding (Reveal Molding)?

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  ORENCH 
#1 ·
I was wondering if the chrome trim molding (Reveal Molding) on my 68 RS camaro's doors and below the rear quarter glass was only a option on the Rally sport or could it be ordered on any 68 camaro?

#6 ·
The thing that stumbled me was last night I was looking through the Classic Industries Catalog and it listed it as "Camaro door ledge moldings for the 1968 Camaros with RS exterior option"? 1968 Camaro RS exterior option? Thats why I thought maybe only RS's had this. Someone told me once 1st Generation Camaros had more options than anyother Camaro's. I guess you could get them with anything.

#7 ·
Don't always listen to what a catalog says. They sell parts, they are not car experts. Check out a few different catalogs and look up the same part like the wheelwell mouldings. Some list 67 and 68 together and some have different part numbers between the two years when they are the same. 67 and 68 wheelwell mouldings interchange except for the rear of the 68RS. Try to find a catalog that breaks down the part numbers to show that. None do. Catalogs are not reference material.

#8 ·
Hey 68SS396, now that you talk about the wheel well mouldings I notice that maybe I have the RS rear mouldings in mine. They don't go all the way down to the rocker panel in front of the rear wheel opening, right? Now it's too late to return them, my car didn't had them when I purshased it so I installed them but they looked strange to me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.