Team Camaro Tech banner

Sway Bar Install

6K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Fred Ficarra 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

So I've installed the Hotchkis TVS on my 68 and ended up screwing up and installing the sway bar upside down. I removed it this weekend and tried to re install it the right way, however, I can't get it feed in no matter which way I try to feed it through. Is there a trick to installing these? What has to be removed to get in?

#5 · (Edited)
i just did this and mine went right in, no problems at all. of course, my engine is out making it a breeze. with the tires still on, i just jacked up the passenger side of the car and turned the wheel to the drivers side and it went right in. no diffference in the frames between the 3 years. you might have to remove the harmonic balancer for a little more room as the balancer is right above the sway bar. also jack both front wheels and remove the wheels. like said, you may have to remove the coil spring on one side. or, remove the engine and it will go right in. sometimes it take a little patience.

#8 ·
When I first installed my Hotchkis swaybar, i just fed it through without removing anything. It took me forever to get it in and I scratched the heck out of it but it went in. After replacing the front suspension, and not putting the swaybar in first, I tried to get the swaybar back in and it wasn't going! I couldn't for the life of me figure out how I got it in before. :confused: I had to remove a coil spring to get it in the second time.

#9 ·
Hell of a job. When I did it in 69, it was to install my Addco 1" bar. All those memories are now a nightmare but it must have been OK. The paper part number is still on the bar. Whew.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.